or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

IMO, Apple should should make a bid for TWX. ;) $65 billion +/- should take it. How to pay for it? Float a "small" bond offering, cut the dividend and cut back on the share repurchase - all for just a brief time. Cousin Carl will have a nervous breakdown. I don't get an XFR. And Tim Cook forgoes his bonus. But that's my idea of shared suffering for the greater good. But however it plays out, if it comes to light that Cook has let the ball go over the middle of plate while...
 Foxxtron, eh? Yeah, good old Foxxtron... :shakeshead: Anyway, there is not a single thing that keeps any American based manufacturer from working 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. More than a few do. And the last time I checked, 3rd shift employees are at work at 2AM, 3AM... right up til 7AM. Companies do all sorts of wild & crazy things these days: swing shifts, split shifts, weekend shifts. The wonders never cease. Considering my career and position working with various...
 With a current market cap of about $1.5 billion, Cook could write that check ($2 billion would probably take TiVo) and replenish the funds in no time. The key would be (properly and effectively) integrating the TiVo technology into the Apple ecosystem. But I'm not sure that Cook would have a plan for doing that, any more than he has (so far) shown for developing the AppleTV into something more than a hobby. I'm not an early adopter. And if a device doesn't do something I...
I think this is an interesting concept, Spam. But as others have noted, in order to be taken seriously as a currency (and not just as a fly-by-night money making/money losing opportunity), it greatly needs liquidity, stability and transparency. If and when it gets to that point, I think it probably will gain greater acceptance. But if we ever get to the point that fiat currencies begin to lose value or acceptance, digital currencies will likely be hit even harder, since...
Bitcoin drops another 20% as Mt Gox highlights bug     Published: Monday, 10 Feb 2014 | 6:10 AM ET By: Matt Clinch | Assistant Producer, CNBC.com   The virtual currency bitcoin suffered further price volatility on Monday as major exchange Mt Gox blamed its ongoing technical issues on a critical flaw in the cryptocurrency which it said affected all exchanges. Bitcoin withdrawals at the Japan-based exchange were halted over the weekend as its technical team...
 Since dividend yields are ALWAYS presented on an annualized basis for ALL stocks, it's not misleading at all. Stock, bond and CD yields are presented on an annualized basis (APY) based on current price. My yield is not the same as that of people who paid more (or less) than I did for my shares. Yield, or return on investment, is based on what you paid for the investment. But how this is presented is consistent with how dividend yields are presented for every other income...
I really know nothing about the intricacies of this so called currency. But just judging by the short term volatility that it's experienced recently, it seems that it's akin to buying penny stocks (because someone has a friend who has a friend who has a friend who has a cousin who made a million $ trading pink sheet shares), converting dollars to the Argentine peso because you've heard the interest rates there are really sweet (29% on a 1 yr CD - wowee!) or going all-in on...
 Ya know how they have QFT as "quoted for truth"? Would anyone object if I coin QFL (quoted for laughs) as my own?
I don't know what you mean. Did you lose your stock certificates or did you lose the account information for the broker holding the shares for you?   Depending on what you mean, this may help you. Good luck:   http://www.sec.gov/answers/lostcert.htm
   For the record, I am not Brian Marshall posting under a screen name. I am also not Gene Munster. So no, in fact (and not fantasy), I did not claim any such thing regarding $18 for RAM. Credit was given to both of Munster and Marshall, and to Bloomberg, for the original figures referenced early on in my posts. So I've felt no need to claim that Apple spends any specific figure for RAM or anything else. When I say, I don't know, that is exactly what I mean. Only someone...