or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

Bitcoin drops another 20% as Mt Gox highlights bug     Published: Monday, 10 Feb 2014 | 6:10 AM ET By: Matt Clinch | Assistant Producer, CNBC.com   The virtual currency bitcoin suffered further price volatility on Monday as major exchange Mt Gox blamed its ongoing technical issues on a critical flaw in the cryptocurrency which it said affected all exchanges. Bitcoin withdrawals at the Japan-based exchange were halted over the weekend as its technical team...
 Since dividend yields are ALWAYS presented on an annualized basis for ALL stocks, it's not misleading at all. Stock, bond and CD yields are presented on an annualized basis (APY) based on current price. My yield is not the same as that of people who paid more (or less) than I did for my shares. Yield, or return on investment, is based on what you paid for the investment. But how this is presented is consistent with how dividend yields are presented for every other income...
I really know nothing about the intricacies of this so called currency. But just judging by the short term volatility that it's experienced recently, it seems that it's akin to buying penny stocks (because someone has a friend who has a friend who has a friend who has a cousin who made a million $ trading pink sheet shares), converting dollars to the Argentine peso because you've heard the interest rates there are really sweet (29% on a 1 yr CD - wowee!) or going all-in on...
 Ya know how they have QFT as "quoted for truth"? Would anyone object if I coin QFL (quoted for laughs) as my own?
I don't know what you mean. Did you lose your stock certificates or did you lose the account information for the broker holding the shares for you?   Depending on what you mean, this may help you. Good luck:   http://www.sec.gov/answers/lostcert.htm
   For the record, I am not Brian Marshall posting under a screen name. I am also not Gene Munster. So no, in fact (and not fantasy), I did not claim any such thing regarding $18 for RAM. Credit was given to both of Munster and Marshall, and to Bloomberg, for the original figures referenced early on in my posts. So I've felt no need to claim that Apple spends any specific figure for RAM or anything else. When I say, I don't know, that is exactly what I mean. Only someone...
 I appreciate that, Mel. But I think I proved that I had a pretty decent handle on the difference between gross and net when the nice people at the Darden School of Business handed me my MBA a couple decades ago (my, how time flies). As a matter of fact, when I sold my first steer at auction and my dad handed me the net profits, and I had been shopping for a new 10-speed bike based on the gross, that cemented it as well as anything.  
 Absolutely no where did I say or suggest that Apple's pricing on ANYTHING constituted "almost all profit." Mel, you're now creating strawmen and forming their (your) arguments as mine. If that is your (mis)interpretation of what I believe or have said here, then I am led to believe that with this error in judgment, you may also be making errors in estimating what Apple does or does not pay for this, that or the other thing. What exactly has been said by me (not some...
 Wait... what?! Overly firm breasteses and fantasies?! Why did I not get a PM so I could take part in this conversation???!!! I never get to have any fun on here!
       To be quite honest with you, at first glance I was tempted to post back that you seemed to be making an attempt to be objective. But then as I read more of your posts, you continually contradicted yourself about what you did and did not do. Do I think that people should buy whatever product or brand of product that best meets their needs? Absolutely! That applies to motor vehicles (why buy a Porsche 911 as your only vehicle if what you really need is a pickup...