or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

While this is one solution, depending on the brand(s) of the devices in question, it's not always an optimal solution. A friend of mine has a fairly nice home entertainment and gaming system in his den. And the so called "universal remote" he uses to control it looks more like something from NASA's mission control. There are, IMO, still way too many buttons for the average person to even understand what they're looking at, short of taking a class... which he offers for...
I was surprised to see AAPL fall through $550 down to the $525 range. I haven't read anything (credible) that suggests that AAPL will have a negative earnings surprise in the coming few quarters, so buying in this range wouldn't bother me. The only headwind that I can see is the one the overall market might be facing, in regard to the Eurozone situation. Even though there are those who claim that the worst case scenario is "priced in" to the market, I've seldom found...
  But as I said in my post:  "...along with a solid partnership with Time Warner or some other major content providers."   It wasn't an either/or proposition. As for the goal of removing STB's and remotes, whether buying the company or licensing the technology, Tivo could be incorporated into a TV set just as easily as the necessary receiver hardware for satellite service. Right now I have a Tivo unit built into my DirecTV receiver. I assume some DISH receivers are...
  That is the idea that has been in my mind since the Apple "iTV" rumors started. That, along with a solid partnership with Time Warner or some other major content providers. Purchasing Tivo would probably cost Apple in the range of $1.5 billion. But it has a profit margin very similar to Apple's (around 40%). Even if Apple just operated it as a standalone business, until they could better integrate and improve its functionality, it would still be a winner. Even if the...
It is true that all corporations (on Earth) will eventually die, only because this planet's life is not infinite. When the sun blinks out eventually, the corporations on it will die with it. But that doesn't mean that by the time that happens that mankind won't have found other habitable planets, where those (once Earth based) corporations will be able to take up business.   More to the here & now... the life span of a corporation is not predetermined. Corporations,...
    $555 intraday low, followed by a gap-up open. Hmm! Well, that's what people get for being greedy!
    My mother is 85 and she used to be a teacher. Several years ago, one of her former students came to our table when I took her out to dinner. He knew her right away! I asked him how he could remember a teacher he had over 50 years ago? He said he still had the ruler marks on his hands.   Somehow I'm betting that if I could locate my mother's former students, I could hack their accounts pretty easily.
    I'm not an IT guy. So I'm not discounting or disputing what you're saying here. But based on the chart in the OP and my personal experiences with two different Fortune 500 companies over the past several years, the Android platform is not one that's being embraced by corporate America - at least not in the same way that iOS is (and RIM was). Maybe in Europe Android is being more openly embraced as an acceptable platform for corporate IT. Smart phones were becoming...
As a huge Formula One fan, I find it ironically amusing that money was found for a rather extravagant, $250 million (+/-) world class race track near Austin, which will host a round of the F1 World Championship beginning this year. And if they're lucky, F1 will stick around for maybe five years. But in the case of an actual long term employer in the same area, there is an argument about how to structure the incentive package?   Apple can locate this facility and make...
    Depending on when you bought MSFT (and at what price), that is a good move. The only danger I see in that is that Microsoft tends to under deliver when it comes to expectations and product launches. The WIndows Phone still hasn't managed to get much traction in the market. And Nokia (Microsoft's wheel man on WP) appears to be wheezing the prattle of the dead. But if you bought in the mid to upper 20's and you're content with the decent dividend, that has proven to be...