or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

My mother is 85 and she used to be a teacher. Several years ago, one of her former students came to our table when I took her out to dinner. He knew her right away! I asked him how he could remember a teacher he had over 50 years ago? He said he still had the ruler marks on his hands.   Somehow I'm betting that if I could locate my mother's former students, I could hack their accounts pretty easily.
    I'm not an IT guy. So I'm not discounting or disputing what you're saying here. But based on the chart in the OP and my personal experiences with two different Fortune 500 companies over the past several years, the Android platform is not one that's being embraced by corporate America - at least not in the same way that iOS is (and RIM was). Maybe in Europe Android is being more openly embraced as an acceptable platform for corporate IT. Smart phones were becoming...
As a huge Formula One fan, I find it ironically amusing that money was found for a rather extravagant, $250 million (+/-) world class race track near Austin, which will host a round of the F1 World Championship beginning this year. And if they're lucky, F1 will stick around for maybe five years. But in the case of an actual long term employer in the same area, there is an argument about how to structure the incentive package?   Apple can locate this facility and make...
    Depending on when you bought MSFT (and at what price), that is a good move. The only danger I see in that is that Microsoft tends to under deliver when it comes to expectations and product launches. The WIndows Phone still hasn't managed to get much traction in the market. And Nokia (Microsoft's wheel man on WP) appears to be wheezing the prattle of the dead. But if you bought in the mid to upper 20's and you're content with the decent dividend, that has proven to be...
All available assets? Probably not. Especially if you're seeking short term gains. I'd be looking at it as a long term purchase, so if it touches $550 (actually $549) I've already put in a GTC limit buy. And if it goes to $540 or even $530, I won't lose sleep. Apple options tend to be quite pricey. But if it gets silly low (for no apparent reason other than program/technical trading), I probably will buy some calls, just as I did last year when it sold off.   Other...
At least right now, that $25+/- drop looks like it was a decent buying opportunity. Or at least a decent chance to have bought some $600 calls - just like when AAPL sold off last year. Whenever a stock has a parabolic rise, sooner or later, it will sell off. But (IMO) AAPL sold off too much/too quickly. So the correction got "corrected". Since nothing has fundamentally changed, I don't sense a problem. Stocks go up. Stocks go down. This was primarily an issue for traders...
I hope someone has a suggestion for you. Just reading that made me feel a bit queasy.
Considering how many old Macs I'm aware of, that people have tucked away, I'd say that is surprisingly true. I still have my first one, a Mac Plus (circa 1986?). And the last time I checked, it was still fully functional.I've had probably dozens of PC's over the years and the only one I've kept is an IBM ThinkPad... that stopped working about a year and a half into its life. I found that it's not worth fixing, but I can't get myself to throw it away. But now, the Mac Plus,...
As has been stated, the article is talking about "LED LCD computer screens sized 24 inches and up"... not the entire 24"+ market. And according to the article, the survey does includes the legacy ACD, not just the new Thunderbolt Display. Just pointing that out for clarity. But no matter, because it's impressive that this category is still led by Apple, though the lead seems to be shrinking. Having more OEM's employing Thunderbolt would greatly help. Hopefully that's on...
I'm often accused of being too wordy. But this^^^, my friends, is minimalism in true Apple form!!! That was actually very good.