or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

As one who refused to carry a company issued Blackberry back in the Cult of Crackberry days (I truly hated those things), even I hope they don't go away completely. But with executives leaving and the strategy and execution looking more like the Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight, than a high tech innovator, that could be.The vultures are circling what looks (to some) to be a walking corpse. The thinking is, broken up into pieces, RIM may be worth more than it is as a...
What I'm saying is, just looking at the (raw) sales figures doesn't indicate how well or badly RIM is doing. I'm not trying to pile on the company as it continues to slip. I'm just stating how it's doing, in regard to year over year sales, revenues and share price. Amazon is willing to sell the Kindle on very thin margins, or a loss, because the company has the luxury of a content base... which RIM does not.At the end of the day, when you've obligated yourself to producing...
I'm thinking that it was in 2010 when Cook was granted 75,000 shares. I don't know if it was restricted stock, and if so, when it vests. But as part of his 2011 pay package, he was granted 1 million shares, of which, half vests in 2016 and the balance in 2021. But even with this sale of 20,000 shares, he still has almost 14,000 shares left. So he's either already sold a big chunk of the 75K that he was granted in 2010, and now he's down to about 14k, or it hasn't vested...
Well, not really. We don't know at what volume (or at what price) Asus needs to sell its device in order to at least break even, if not make a profit. We also don't know what level of R&D dollars or marketing went into the device. Same for RIM and the Playbook. I personally don't know at what volume (or at what price) RIM needs to sell the Playbook in order to break even or make a profit. The last figures that I recall, related to the Playbook, were from late in 2011, when...
I have to admit, this is one of the more interesting threads on the entire site. Of course we now all know that AAPL will be paying a dividend beginning this year. And as an AAPL investor, I take it as a positive. What it means to some investors is that we will now be receiving an actual return on our investment, in the form of income, rather than just the paper profits that we have now. For those who are new to investing or who want to learn more about historical...
And you never, ever will. We promise. You can trust us. Signed,The Phone/Cable Company
Very good points. The large box makers were all too concerned with marketshare, while Apple was more concerned with profit per unit sold. And while the generic Windows based producers were trying to beat each other on price, to capture more share (netbooks), Apple sold "the experience". Rather than devaluing the product, and making it just another utilitarian appliance, Apple tries to give, at least the impression, that what you are purchasing is something more than just a...
^^^ This. Rather than "bench racing" and quoting the specs of my TV to my pals, I would be much more interested in a TV option which allowed me access to the individual content options that I really WANT. My hope is that Apple will be able to convince some of the bigger content providers to offer their content through this (alleged) Apple TV, without having to subscribe to a DirecTV or cable package. My next set will provide good/great picture quality. But to be quite...
This is exactly what we were discussing at work yesterday. One of the reasons that I've hung onto my ancient Tivo (DirecTV) DVR receiver is because it has a fairly decent ability to provide and record suggestions based on my viewing history. Maybe there are other services that will do something similar. But I'm pretty satisfied with what this one does... I just want something more advanced now. With a new TV, I'd be willing to pay extra to get that. The old joke about "500...
Considering how people continue to argue about whether or not an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod Touch is a "computer", wonder if (before or after that argument in semantics is settled) we will be arguing about what constitutes a "computer" vs. a "TV"? If that will be a topic of debate soon, I think that will be very interesting. It's interesting (to me) because so many arguments seem based on how various devices were seen 10-20+ years ago. Yet we see how quickly technology...