or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

Well, not really. We don't know at what volume (or at what price) Asus needs to sell its device in order to at least break even, if not make a profit. We also don't know what level of R&D dollars or marketing went into the device. Same for RIM and the Playbook. I personally don't know at what volume (or at what price) RIM needs to sell the Playbook in order to break even or make a profit. The last figures that I recall, related to the Playbook, were from late in 2011, when...
I have to admit, this is one of the more interesting threads on the entire site. Of course we now all know that AAPL will be paying a dividend beginning this year. And as an AAPL investor, I take it as a positive. What it means to some investors is that we will now be receiving an actual return on our investment, in the form of income, rather than just the paper profits that we have now. For those who are new to investing or who want to learn more about historical...
And you never, ever will. We promise. You can trust us. Signed,The Phone/Cable Company
Very good points. The large box makers were all too concerned with marketshare, while Apple was more concerned with profit per unit sold. And while the generic Windows based producers were trying to beat each other on price, to capture more share (netbooks), Apple sold "the experience". Rather than devaluing the product, and making it just another utilitarian appliance, Apple tries to give, at least the impression, that what you are purchasing is something more than just a...
^^^ This. Rather than "bench racing" and quoting the specs of my TV to my pals, I would be much more interested in a TV option which allowed me access to the individual content options that I really WANT. My hope is that Apple will be able to convince some of the bigger content providers to offer their content through this (alleged) Apple TV, without having to subscribe to a DirecTV or cable package. My next set will provide good/great picture quality. But to be quite...
This is exactly what we were discussing at work yesterday. One of the reasons that I've hung onto my ancient Tivo (DirecTV) DVR receiver is because it has a fairly decent ability to provide and record suggestions based on my viewing history. Maybe there are other services that will do something similar. But I'm pretty satisfied with what this one does... I just want something more advanced now. With a new TV, I'd be willing to pay extra to get that. The old joke about "500...
Considering how people continue to argue about whether or not an iPhone, an iPad or an iPod Touch is a "computer", wonder if (before or after that argument in semantics is settled) we will be arguing about what constitutes a "computer" vs. a "TV"? If that will be a topic of debate soon, I think that will be very interesting. It's interesting (to me) because so many arguments seem based on how various devices were seen 10-20+ years ago. Yet we see how quickly technology...
Assuming you have a TV somewhere else in your house, I really think you'll get a lot more enjoyment from the iPod Touch. I bought a Touch 4th gen last year. And I still see it as the best consumer device that I've bought in the last decade or more... including TV's, GPS devices, laptops, etc. Unless you plan on getting an iPhone some time soon, get the iPod Touch. Considering the total cost of ownership, the iPod Touch was a much better buy than an iPhone in my case.
When I heard this on Bloomberg today, I laughed for a solid 2-3 minutes. And then I couldn't keep myself from chuckling on & off for another 15 minutes. When I bought my girlfriend an iPad 2 earlier this year, I mentioned it to a few friends (some of whom are anti-Apple types) and they said, "you could have at least given her something that would run Flash." Geniuses! Yes, I absolutely should have bought her a Play(dead)Book or an Android Cupcake, which would run Flash...
I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. But even the quickest glance at analysts' ratings or the number of institutional investors in the stock would indicate that statement is far from the truth. I'm still getting to know the various personalities here. So I'll assume that you were joking and I just didn't get the punch line.