or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

We'll just call them FreedomChips and never look back.  Just based on what I've read so far, I can't see myself adopting this Coin accessory. But if Apple could find a way to work with M/C, Visa, Amex and/or Discover and find a secure way to pretty much eliminate the need to carry around a wallet full of credit or debit cards, that would work for me... and I suspect many others as well. The cards that we are saddled with in the U.S. really are pretty unsecure. But as I...
 It appears that is a question. I would say that Apple has a well deserved reputation for producing well designed, higher quality computer and consumer products and for delivering a high level of customer service. And it does these things at a very comfortable profit margin. These things are not mutually exclusive, as some seem to be suggesting. Unlike Amazon, Apple does not sacrifice margins in order to capture market share. Apple has some low volume products (Mac Pro),...
 I agree; that would be a very good question.
 This would/should be a HUGE concern if one had an Android device in his car and it had access to any of the vehicles onboard systems. Considering that Google seems to be in a neck & neck race with FaceBook and the NSA for the title of Data Mining World Champion, I can imagine getting a cancellation letter in the mail from my insurance company stating, "It has come to our attention that on your recent trip to Atlanta, you exceeded a speed of 90mph on six occasions. Goodbye...
This suggests that the entire VAG/Volkswagen group (VW, Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, SEAT, Skoda, Bugatti and Bentley) may wind up going with some flavor of Android in the future. And considering the demographic targets of some of those uber high end brands, it does seem kind of bizarre that they'd put a mobile OS in those cars which has a reputation for being mass market (no cachet at all), unsecure, wonky (from version to version and device to device) and targeted toward...
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/ge-and-quirky-unveil-interesting-new-gadgets.html/?a=viewall   In April, General Electric (NYSE:GE) opened its patent vault to Quirky — a crowd-sourcing company headquartered in New York City that brings products to the marketplace via the interaction between the global community and Quirky’s product design staff. Now, the first four products created under the partnership between GE and Quirky have been unveiled under the joint Wink...
 I'm not aware that I have ever suggested that they should not. So, I continue to be completely baffled as to why people are being so defensive about Apple's profit margins. This simply supports my original point that the primary purpose of the corporate structure (whether it's Apple, Google, Microsoft or Ford Motor Company) is to enhance shareholder value... profits. The Econ 101 supply & demand lesson is that pricing strategies typically follow charging what the market...
 This would be one of the primary reasons I'd absolutely love to get the BBC (and/or Sky) app. But being an American, I'm sure that NBCSports and Bernie would prevent me from watching anything more than GP3 races. But to be honest, since it seems that about 99.9% of American television is now devoted to semi-retarded reality TV, I would be anxious to open my options up to any and all European programming. I've been watching the political drama, Borgen, on LinkTV for about...
  No offense intended, Mel, but if Apple is indeed, as you claim, paying nearly 500% more for RAM in its mobile devices than is being estimated by various sources, then where exactly is the company's iPhone profit margin coming from? Unless certain Apple employees lied under oath during the court proceedings against Samsung, Apple earned gross margins of 49 to 58 percent on its U.S. iPhone sales between April 2010 and the end of March 2012. "So while Apple may be making a...
As I mentioned, I'm all for companies maximizing their profits - especially if I own their stock. I'm not criticizing the company for that. As a shareholder, I'm very happy about it. Apple does a very good job (probably better than any other company) of managing its supply chain in a way that component costs (and quantities) are kept to optimal levels vs. projected demand. Apple has one of the highest profit margins on hardware for any tech company. I'm happy about that...