or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

3 weeks, 5 days ago     Well, I guess you have your answer now.     Sorry, I couldn't resist. If you needed the money, then you did the right thing. If you didn't need the money... well... WHOOPS!
  Interesting. My Mac Plus (bought in 1986) still functions. I didn't retire it until around 1992 or so. I would have stayed with a Mac, but Apple had pretty much lost the business software market by then and so I had to migrate over to the Wonderful World of Winders.   But to the OP's question: What would you rather have?   Unless something radically changes in the next few years (I go bankrupt, die or get married... all bad things), the "new" Mac Pro will be my next...
  I *think* I understand the point you're attempting to make in saying that. But the choice of phrase, in itself, rather destroys the point (which could arguably be true in some cases). Fair warning: whatever it is that you actually mean, do not enroll in a business class and utter those words aloud - unless you enjoy groups of people giving you that wait... what?! look.   But anyway, if there is real market demand for larger screen, premium priced mobile computing...
While it would be nice to see AAPL producing more products which meet the expectations of various fans, what matters most to AAPL investors is that AAPL produce financial results which meet Wall St. expectations. If Wall St. lowers the bar for AAPL (as it has for Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) and allows Apple to have slimmer margins, slower earnings growth and/or a higher P/E ratio, that will be good for those of us who own shares.   Now, from a consumer...
  "Plastic" does sound cheap and toy-like, doesn't it? Eh, so just call the material CRP (carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic) and stand away from the doors as the herd thunders in to buy three each.   Whatever it's made of, Apple does need a lower cost device for the developing markets though... as long as it doesn't degrade the brand in the developed markets. And I admit, that is going to be tricky. And apart from any specific projects Cook has in mind for him, it'll...
  *LOL*   Well, yet one more reason why I'd use two tin cans and some clothesline before I'd use an Android phone for anything other than... well, for anything.
  No, but why would the housing surrounding a *round* optical disc need to be rectangular anyway? And of what geometric shape are many of the components that will be within the upcoming MacPro? Even in situations where a component case needs to be more rectangular than round, applying radiused corners can largely address the concern of space efficiency.   My question about possible design solutions in housing components is more about aesthetics than form following...
  Like many others who are drooling over this thing, I am not enough of a power user to need it. But I want it. Oh, how I want it! It would be like having a Formula One car in my office, when all I need for daily transportation is a Ford Focus.   Also, I wonder how many accessory makers are going to jump on this design bandwagon and produce iAccessories for other devices based on this design? For those who need external storage or optical drives, why not house them in a...
  Possibly. But since more than a few programmers and content providers don't subscribe to that view, being able to record programming (especially sporting events) is still a must-have feature for many of us.   I have movies and F1 races on my TiVo from several years ago. When I have time, I burn some things to DVD (another storage media that Apple says I no longer need). But I am a media pack rat. And I have very little desire to depend on the cloud or streaming options...
  I'm not sure that I would look at any dividend increase (or decrease) as being "permanent". Each quarter the board determines and declares a dividend. It could be higher, lower or the same as previous quarters. What I would say is that APPL's dividend at this payout level is relatively safe.   As a shareholder, I'm not that unhappy right now. I'd be happier at $650/share, but that's water under the bridge for right now. From a financial standpoint, I believe the stock...