or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

Excellent illustration! This is what I've never understood: almost to a person, everyone who has rationalized their preference for the Surface tablet over something like an iPad (or even some flavor of Android tablet) usually lists the *exact* things that I would just do on a laptop. And when someone says that the Surface has a physical keyboard and the iPad doesn't... uh, I'm pretty sure I've seen iPads docked to keyboards. "But it doesn't have a mouse!" True enough....
  I believe the market (assuming you mean the investment community) is interested in both. The purpose of a lower cost model is to drive volume and marketshare, especially in places like China and India. The flagship's job is to solidify and protect margins.
  That depends on where the price point is for the 5C and what features it has or doesn't have.
  Within a week of setting up my iMac and TBD, that height difference began to really annoy me, so I ordered a SlimKey Stand for the display that puts the TBD approximately .100" or so above the top of the iMac's display - something only I would notice. An added benefit was that I also picked up 4 USB ports and some extra storage space for the Magic Trackpad and the remote (which I seldom use).   I'm now searching for some sort of connection bar or spacer to prevent the...
3 weeks, 5 days ago     Well, I guess you have your answer now.     Sorry, I couldn't resist. If you needed the money, then you did the right thing. If you didn't need the money... well... WHOOPS!
  Interesting. My Mac Plus (bought in 1986) still functions. I didn't retire it until around 1992 or so. I would have stayed with a Mac, but Apple had pretty much lost the business software market by then and so I had to migrate over to the Wonderful World of Winders.   But to the OP's question: What would you rather have?   Unless something radically changes in the next few years (I go bankrupt, die or get married... all bad things), the "new" Mac Pro will be my next...
  I *think* I understand the point you're attempting to make in saying that. But the choice of phrase, in itself, rather destroys the point (which could arguably be true in some cases). Fair warning: whatever it is that you actually mean, do not enroll in a business class and utter those words aloud - unless you enjoy groups of people giving you that wait... what?! look.   But anyway, if there is real market demand for larger screen, premium priced mobile computing...
While it would be nice to see AAPL producing more products which meet the expectations of various fans, what matters most to AAPL investors is that AAPL produce financial results which meet Wall St. expectations. If Wall St. lowers the bar for AAPL (as it has for Netflix, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) and allows Apple to have slimmer margins, slower earnings growth and/or a higher P/E ratio, that will be good for those of us who own shares.   Now, from a consumer...
  "Plastic" does sound cheap and toy-like, doesn't it? Eh, so just call the material CRP (carbon-fiber reinforced thermoplastic) and stand away from the doors as the herd thunders in to buy three each.   Whatever it's made of, Apple does need a lower cost device for the developing markets though... as long as it doesn't degrade the brand in the developed markets. And I admit, that is going to be tricky. And apart from any specific projects Cook has in mind for him, it'll...
  *LOL*   Well, yet one more reason why I'd use two tin cans and some clothesline before I'd use an Android phone for anything other than... well, for anything.