or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

No, but why would the housing surrounding a *round* optical disc need to be rectangular anyway? And of what geometric shape are many of the components that will be within the upcoming MacPro? Even in situations where a component case needs to be more rectangular than round, applying radiused corners can largely address the concern of space efficiency.   My question about possible design solutions in housing components is more about aesthetics than form following...
  Like many others who are drooling over this thing, I am not enough of a power user to need it. But I want it. Oh, how I want it! It would be like having a Formula One car in my office, when all I need for daily transportation is a Ford Focus.   Also, I wonder how many accessory makers are going to jump on this design bandwagon and produce iAccessories for other devices based on this design? For those who need external storage or optical drives, why not house them in a...
  Possibly. But since more than a few programmers and content providers don't subscribe to that view, being able to record programming (especially sporting events) is still a must-have feature for many of us.   I have movies and F1 races on my TiVo from several years ago. When I have time, I burn some things to DVD (another storage media that Apple says I no longer need). But I am a media pack rat. And I have very little desire to depend on the cloud or streaming options...
  I'm not sure that I would look at any dividend increase (or decrease) as being "permanent". Each quarter the board determines and declares a dividend. It could be higher, lower or the same as previous quarters. What I would say is that APPL's dividend at this payout level is relatively safe.   As a shareholder, I'm not that unhappy right now. I'd be happier at $650/share, but that's water under the bridge for right now. From a financial standpoint, I believe the stock...
  While that does seem a bit odd at first glance, there are only four (I believe) AAA rated companies in the U.S. right now: ADP, Exxon, J&J and (wait for it!)... Microsoft. I haven't yet dug through the interwebs to determine the logic behind Microsoft's debt being rated AAA and Apple's being AA+.
  Excellent rundown. This forum needs more posts like this!
  Legitimate points made here.
  I've been using Parallels and XP for well over a year now. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. And by having an ACD (where I run Windows) set up beside the iMac on my desk, this essentially allows me to run Mac OS and Windows side by side when I want to. On the RAM side, I bumped the system up to 16 gigs right off the bat. And maybe that's why I've never noticed the concerns that you mentioned. But RAM is so cheap now, why not do that anyway?   A fellow I work with...
I care even less about gaming than I do about social media. But even I have to admit that both areas represent potential growth for the companies that do it right. For those of you who follow the (better/more plausible) Apple rumors, has there been any indication that Apple is set to turn the Apple TV device into some sort of major gaming console, as well as a better TV watching device???   I don't particularly want my TV (my computer, my phone or anything else)...
“[Johnson] doesn’t wear JCPenney stuff unless he has to.”   Well, yeah. Who among us does???   I don't look for this guy to be back at Apple anytime soon. He's PR poison right now and Apple has enough on its plate without the distraction of having this character hanging around HQ.