or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

I'm not sure that I would look at any dividend increase (or decrease) as being "permanent". Each quarter the board determines and declares a dividend. It could be higher, lower or the same as previous quarters. What I would say is that APPL's dividend at this payout level is relatively safe.   As a shareholder, I'm not that unhappy right now. I'd be happier at $650/share, but that's water under the bridge for right now. From a financial standpoint, I believe the stock...
  While that does seem a bit odd at first glance, there are only four (I believe) AAA rated companies in the U.S. right now: ADP, Exxon, J&J and (wait for it!)... Microsoft. I haven't yet dug through the interwebs to determine the logic behind Microsoft's debt being rated AAA and Apple's being AA+.
  Excellent rundown. This forum needs more posts like this!
  Legitimate points made here.
  I've been using Parallels and XP for well over a year now. I've experienced no problems whatsoever. And by having an ACD (where I run Windows) set up beside the iMac on my desk, this essentially allows me to run Mac OS and Windows side by side when I want to. On the RAM side, I bumped the system up to 16 gigs right off the bat. And maybe that's why I've never noticed the concerns that you mentioned. But RAM is so cheap now, why not do that anyway?   A fellow I work with...
I care even less about gaming than I do about social media. But even I have to admit that both areas represent potential growth for the companies that do it right. For those of you who follow the (better/more plausible) Apple rumors, has there been any indication that Apple is set to turn the Apple TV device into some sort of major gaming console, as well as a better TV watching device???   I don't particularly want my TV (my computer, my phone or anything else)...
“[Johnson] doesn’t wear JCPenney stuff unless he has to.”   Well, yeah. Who among us does???   I don't look for this guy to be back at Apple anytime soon. He's PR poison right now and Apple has enough on its plate without the distraction of having this character hanging around HQ.
At best, I think an increase in the dividend to $13-$15/yr is more likely. And I see no reason to split the stock. Other than the psychological effect, it means nothing to split (or reverse split) a stock. I would welcome a dividend increase to that level and I suspect many other investors would too. But we'll see in a few days/weeks.
To be honest with you, after having been involved in the automobile industry for the past 18 years, I'd say putting the money in a pile and lighting it on fire would be about as productive as buying a car company focused on EV technology. No one at Apple knows anything about the auto industry, as far as I know. And with it being a very capital intensive industry (with low margins), turning a profit isn't so easy for even established players.   Many have made small...
  It depends on the situation. And every situation is different. What might be right & good for Dell may not be right & good (or necessary) for Apple. Also, when taking a company private involves taking on substantial debt (which is the case with any leveraged buyout), it can be bad... very bad. If a company gets itself in a position that every meeting involves discussions about how to service the debt, then that can become an unwelcome distraction.   I lay the chances of...