or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

Without going onto this particular analyst's opinion, I think the risk in what you're saying is that if a stock is not participating when the market is moving up, then it may fall that much more when/if it goes down. Now that would likely be a shorter term concern. And I understand your point about the longer term. But one concern I've read about Apple is that if it becomes a value stock instead of a growth stock, then one might have the opportunity to buy "low" for...
  I agree with you. I have no idea what is meant by "manipulators" wanting a special dividend. If he means day traders, algorithmic traders or hedge funds, who are in & out of a stock at a moment's notice, they're seldom around long enough to even collect the dividend - although there are some traders who buy on the record date so that they can collect the dividend. But this is risky, as theoretically and all things being equal, the stock price will be discounted by the...
Well, you seem to have some rather unique requirements for your iMac. I'm not sure how many people carry their computers from room to room to watch TV on it though. So I still don't see the weight and thickness reductions as being things that would matter to most. I could be wrong, but I just don't see it. And the same is especially true when talking about the one time trip of carrying it into your home if it hasn't been shipped to your door.   And no, I'm not talking so...
  I'm reminded of a post by a confirmed hater of all things Apple who claimed that he knew that Apple products were not what Consumer Reports and other sites claimed, using their silly objective data and such. He had been in an Apple store and saw that it had nothing but Apple products being worked on... not one PC in there! So in his mind, that meant that Apple products needed constant repairs. I asked him what he thought of Mercedes products. He took the bait and said...
Buy a shiny imitation Mercedes and then wonder why it won't start? Nah!   You will see him on TV any given Sunday Win the Superbowl and drive off in a Hyundai
Other than the "Oh! Wow! Cool!" factor, I just don't see why anyone would care about this reduction in thickness of a *desktop* computer! It's not like it was 3 feet thick and they knocked it down to 3 inches here - as happened with CRT TVs and flat panels. The hoopla over this just confuses me. I guess if you mainly stand around and stare at it during parties in your Malibu beach house, it is an important improvement. But for those who actually use the thing, who...
I bought my first Mac, a Mac Plus, in 1986. It still works! And though it's totally obsolete (except for typing and printing text), it does still work... which is more than I can say for any PC that I've had for more than 5 years.   Point being, even if the machine, the OS or certain programs become obsolete, if the machine still works, it will still function and perform the same tasks that it did when you first bought it (in this case, web surfing, etc.). And...
Same thing here. A hotel outside of Toledo where I often stay has switched to Macs. I was very surprised to see that change the last time I was there. I've also noticed more doctors and dentists using Macs and iPads.   Here's something from the article that struck me: "...making it 26 straight quarters that Mac sales outgrew PC shipments."   Now that is rather amazing!
It sounds like a very decent machine. But in light of them dropping the internal drive and making the RAM much harder to access and self-install (on the 21.5" model), I'm very happy that I got my BTO 27" with an i7 last year and slammed it with RAM myself. But in any case, these are excellent, well built machines.   I am a bit confused by one thing though... since it's a desktop, why would anyone *really* care that it's thinner and/or lighter than its predecessor?...
I bought the 4th gen Touch a couple of years ago. It was the first Apple product I'd bought in over 20 years. I was so pleased with the quality and performance of the Touch that it contributed to me buying several other Apple products the next year: an iMac, an ACD and an Airport Extreme. So there really is a halo effect, I'd say. For me, The Touch is more useful and practical than an iPad Mini (assuming rumors of its size are roughly correct at around 7 inches). For my...