or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

There's just no actual evidence of that being true. Do you have a link to an interview or something that supports that claim? But look, as I was trying to explain last year, at the end of the day, it's just a name on a smartphone - much like the number being dropped altogether from the last iPad. And although (as I said) your basic reasoning was not really faulty, you're not plugged into Apple or its marketing strategies any more than any of the rest of us. In Apple's...
Dude, you're beating a dead horse. You don't need to explain to me how you got to that wrong turn in the road. No one said that your original logic was bad. Your reasons for believing what you did made sense... somewhat. What I said was, you're not privy to decisions made at Apple. Apple decides. And only Apple decides. Opinions on fan boards mean nothing. So for one to insist what Apple will or will not do is complete folly, as demonstrated here.
As I tried to explain to you last year, companies are under no obligation to follow naming conventions that you, or any other consumer/observer, approve of. Apple can and will call its devices whatever it chooses, whether you like it or approve of it or not. This is reality. And we must learn to deal with that reality.   Unless one is plugged into Tim Cook's brain, you don't know. So there's no reason to *believe* that you know. Now that this device has been named the...
Riiiiight. ;-)
  When the iPhone 5 was announced this morning, I was reminded of this thread and this particular post... made with such conviction and a certain all-knowing bravado.   Anyone here who is actually plugged into Apple or the decisions of the executives likely isn't saying very much. And those who tend to have the most to say, may just be the ones who know the least. And so it goes... As The World Turns.
I also have DirecTV. And while I would agree that the basic interface is relatively easy to use, I'd also say that it's not overly effective in finding what I might want to watch... unless I already know what I want to watch and what channel and time it comes on. I have TiVo on my DirecTV box and that helps a great deal. But its ability to "learn" is quite limited. The Suggestions and Wishlist features are very handy. But comparing them to what *could* be done says that...
In the time that Facebook has fallen off a cliff, now to the tune of -48%, Apple is up 25%.   What I find amazing about Facebook is that the TV news outlets (even Bloomberg and CNBC) hyped and pumped this box of Dutch tulips like there would be no tomorrow if you didn't buy into the FB offering. But now, they're all tripping over themselves to expose the shortcomings of this company and its stock. I can't remember the gentleman's name off the top of my head, but...
There's an interesting study by Gary Kaminsky about the optimal use of free cashflow on the wall at CNBC right now. Check out the site and see what you think. If you have CNBC Pro on your iPhone/iPad/iPod, I think it's also there. In summary, it details the best and worst use of free cashflow. The worst use of free cash is to just sit on it (as Apple has been doing). Next up the line is mergers and acquisitions - as they quite often tend not to produce very good returns,...
Yes, if you do indeed own it, you should be able to sell it, lease it or even give it away. But it's not me that you'll have to convince if you proceed with a sale of these digital files. Like I said, just go to Ebay, Amazon or your site of choice and put them up for sale. But keep a daily blog so that we can all follow your plight (from a safe distance).   There's a guy who had something to do with a site called Nappy or Nipster or Napster... something like that. He...
This all time high has little or nothing to do with the dividend, unless it could have been money managers or traders buying the stock ahead of the record date. And even then, outside of quarterly window dressing (and we're a bit early for that), there would be no reason to buy this particular stock with its relatively low yield. The coming iPhone, rumors of an iPad Mini and anything that's giving air to rumors about the Apple TV set seem to be driving this run-up. At...