or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

I bought my first Mac, a Mac Plus, in 1986. It still works! And though it's totally obsolete (except for typing and printing text), it does still work... which is more than I can say for any PC that I've had for more than 5 years.   Point being, even if the machine, the OS or certain programs become obsolete, if the machine still works, it will still function and perform the same tasks that it did when you first bought it (in this case, web surfing, etc.). And...
Same thing here. A hotel outside of Toledo where I often stay has switched to Macs. I was very surprised to see that change the last time I was there. I've also noticed more doctors and dentists using Macs and iPads.   Here's something from the article that struck me: "...making it 26 straight quarters that Mac sales outgrew PC shipments."   Now that is rather amazing!
It sounds like a very decent machine. But in light of them dropping the internal drive and making the RAM much harder to access and self-install (on the 21.5" model), I'm very happy that I got my BTO 27" with an i7 last year and slammed it with RAM myself. But in any case, these are excellent, well built machines.   I am a bit confused by one thing though... since it's a desktop, why would anyone *really* care that it's thinner and/or lighter than its predecessor?...
I bought the 4th gen Touch a couple of years ago. It was the first Apple product I'd bought in over 20 years. I was so pleased with the quality and performance of the Touch that it contributed to me buying several other Apple products the next year: an iMac, an ACD and an Airport Extreme. So there really is a halo effect, I'd say. For me, The Touch is more useful and practical than an iPad Mini (assuming rumors of its size are roughly correct at around 7 inches). For my...
There's just no actual evidence of that being true. Do you have a link to an interview or something that supports that claim? But look, as I was trying to explain last year, at the end of the day, it's just a name on a smartphone - much like the number being dropped altogether from the last iPad. And although (as I said) your basic reasoning was not really faulty, you're not plugged into Apple or its marketing strategies any more than any of the rest of us. In Apple's...
Dude, you're beating a dead horse. You don't need to explain to me how you got to that wrong turn in the road. No one said that your original logic was bad. Your reasons for believing what you did made sense... somewhat. What I said was, you're not privy to decisions made at Apple. Apple decides. And only Apple decides. Opinions on fan boards mean nothing. So for one to insist what Apple will or will not do is complete folly, as demonstrated here.
As I tried to explain to you last year, companies are under no obligation to follow naming conventions that you, or any other consumer/observer, approve of. Apple can and will call its devices whatever it chooses, whether you like it or approve of it or not. This is reality. And we must learn to deal with that reality.   Unless one is plugged into Tim Cook's brain, you don't know. So there's no reason to *believe* that you know. Now that this device has been named the...
Riiiiight. ;-)
  When the iPhone 5 was announced this morning, I was reminded of this thread and this particular post... made with such conviction and a certain all-knowing bravado.   Anyone here who is actually plugged into Apple or the decisions of the executives likely isn't saying very much. And those who tend to have the most to say, may just be the ones who know the least. And so it goes... As The World Turns.
I also have DirecTV. And while I would agree that the basic interface is relatively easy to use, I'd also say that it's not overly effective in finding what I might want to watch... unless I already know what I want to watch and what channel and time it comes on. I have TiVo on my DirecTV box and that helps a great deal. But its ability to "learn" is quite limited. The Suggestions and Wishlist features are very handy. But comparing them to what *could* be done says that...