or Connect

Posts by Jag_Warrior

This all time high has little or nothing to do with the dividend, unless it could have been money managers or traders buying the stock ahead of the record date. And even then, outside of quarterly window dressing (and we're a bit early for that), there would be no reason to buy this particular stock with its relatively low yield. The coming iPhone, rumors of an iPad Mini and anything that's giving air to rumors about the Apple TV set seem to be driving this run-up. At...
Right. So give it the old smell test. Click this http://www.Ebay.com and list *your* song files for sale, either individually or as a package. Do let me know how that works out. And if you know of anyone looking for a 6 unit garden style apartment building, please send them my way. I actually have a deed of ownership to what I'm selling though. ;)
  If you own it, then you can also sell it, correct? I own an apartment building and I can sell it whenever and to whomever I want - in fact, it's for sale right now. Try that with those files you have on your machine, that you *think* that you own, and let us know how that turns out. I know several excellent attorneys. After you get that "knock at the door", just send me a PM and I'll forward their numbers to you. Oh, and the "I didn't know" defense tends not to be the...
  From reading through this thread, there are obviously people who probably shouldn't be in the stock market to begin with (at least not buying individual stocks), because they don't seem to possess the basic, fundamental knowledge to be investing in this fashion. And if a single stock purchase is going to take 100% of their investable capital, that's just another reason why they shouldn't be buying individual stocks. Before buying the first share of stock (whether 1, 10...
  Jobs? Where, in China?
Not meaning to be snarky, but so are the Earth's. But I wouldn't suggest boarding a spaceship destined for a Mars colony quite yet. Making a switch to another OS, based on pure speculation about some possible (distant) future event, just doesn't make very much sense to me. By the time the Earth becomes uninhabitable, you and I will likely have been dead for many, many years. And by the time the Mac (OS and computer line) sees its last day, whatever computer you own now...
Dear Mr. Ballmer,   Just by shorting MSFT whenever it has traded consistently above $30 for a few sessions (using a channeling strategy), I have been able to pay for the iMac that I bought last November. Thanks. I haven't quite covered the cost of the matching Thunderbolt display yet though. So please keep up the "good work." Why not plan another iPhone funeral? Or better yet, guarantee the market that you're going to sell more of those Surfboard tablets in 1 month...
Some of the replies here are a bit amusing (wanting a full blown iMac with a 55" screen in a $2K TV, for instance). But the most common thing in some of the replies is what you've pointed out, in regard to the pricing on smart TV's (which I would assume this Apple TV would be) vs. those with only some or no internet connectivity.   Other than the scratch & dent sale at Walmart on Vizios, I also haven't seen some of the "great deals" that many here seem to know about. If...
I understand what you're saying. And it is true that the device fits his purposes, as best it can. It's just not a very intuitive process that one has to go through to get from here to there. This is true of most of the universal remotes that I have seen, where more than two or three devices are inter-connected. Here is a blurb from a recent CNET story that includes a feature that is closer to what I (and I suspect many others) would like to see:   "Apple is reportedly...
Nothing at all wrong with that way of thinking.