or Connect

Posts by alandail

what is wrong with a developer wanting to be able to work on code when they have their iPad, but not their computer, with them? Anything from an iOS developer working on the app they are building to a web developer fixing an issue on their web site.  Then there is the larger issue of people who only have iPads.  There is something inherently wrong with a computer that can't be directly programmed.  We should be opening programming to more people, not less. When the...
 My own personal use of the iPad has dropped dramatically since I got the iPhone 6 plus.  I suspect I'm not alone.  Apple needs to give people a compelling reason to upgrade.  They did it with the iPhone 6 plush which doesn't just have a bigger screen, they put in work to get extra functionality out of the larger screen.  Apps like Mail and Messages have additional functionality that takes advantage of the larger space, the home screen rotates, etc. This is Apple's chance...
 I think you are talking about a person multitasking, not a computer multitasking.  There are many situations where not having multiple windows open on my mac would kill my productivity.  Having multiple windows open on the screen at once, either within the same app or multiple apps provides far greater productivity than having to switch between them to accomplish the same task. iPad sales have been dropping, Apple needs to find a way to make it more powerful.  By powerful...
no, they aren't the same sized bezels on both devices and it's not even close.  Draw 2 horizontal lines that go across the top and bottom of the right display and you'll see it's really not even close to the same size bezel. The apple watch has a screen where the width is 85% of the height.  I already showed you the math, which is basic geometry, that proves that if the height of the display is the same, the rectangular display gives more image area than a round display....
 The image height on the right is smaller than the image height on the left. That's a function of the amount of unused space around the display, not the shape of the display.  And the usable rectangular space, you know the shape you would use to display most UI aside from an analog watch display is still greater on the watch on the right.
^ I'm not sure what you're trying to show me with those.  The first picture, the round watch isn't as tall as the rectangular watch while the rectangular watch has a larger area of display.   What I said earlier is simple geometry.   The area of a circle is πr^2 The area of a rectangle is h*w   For the apple watch, width is hight * 0.85.   A round watch of height 2 has an area of 3.14 units squared A rectangular watch of height 2 has an area of 3.28 units...
if/when numbers are released, it's going to be interesting to see how analysts spin the numbers.  The entire smart watch market was around 4 million units sold in all of 2014 (this includes sport bands like fitbit).  The market leader, Samsung, sold 1.2 million.  I suspect sometime on launch weekend Apple will become the installed base leader and that analysts will compare the sales to smart phones instead of to smart watches.
a much larger device is require to have the same primary rectangular area for a device that has to fit on a person's wrist.  A circle the same eight as the apple watch rectangular screen gives you less usable space.  Even with the bigger device you showed, had it been the same height, but shaped rectangular, it would have more usable space while simultaneously requiring less wrist space since it doesn't have to be as wide as it is tall like the circular design.
If they had 2 million units, they didn't sell all 2 million units in under 5 minutes.  They sold out of some SKUs that quickly, others were still showing delivery on the 24th an hour later.  The blue band and white band of the 42mm sport model depleted at different rates.  The space grey sport depleted before the others. And, again, how could you possibly know what the number could have been.  I again use my analogy to a pop concert selling out 20,000 seat venues in...