or Connect

Posts by alandail

I would also expect glances to make their way to iOS. You should be able to check something like the weather without leaving the active app.
 The limit is 16 megapixels, not 16GB.
 One difference between Google and Apple is Apple doesn't tell you what they are working on until the have a product.  The fact that you hear about things from Google first doesn't mean Apple wasn't already working it too. Another difference is Google will release alpha quality stuff they have to then scrap or that isn't fully thought out.  For example, how many different set top boxes have they done, I've lost track (their first one was a mess while Chromecast is...
 there's this Google's service is only free for those uploading video under 1080p and photos under 16 megapixels. Upload anything larger — say, a great DSLR shot — and if you're on the free plan, it's automatically compressed
I can't be the only one waiting for carplay before I buy my next car. I've driven cars with some of the other alternatives and they are brain dead. I listen to a streaming app in the car and it switches to music if I turn my radio up. I haven't even tried car play and I know it won't do something as stupid as that.
 what is wrong with a developer wanting to be able to work on code when they have their iPad, but not their computer, with them? Anything from an iOS developer working on the app they are building to a web developer fixing an issue on their web site.  Then there is the larger issue of people who only have iPads.  There is something inherently wrong with a computer that can't be directly programmed.  We should be opening programming to more people, not less. When the...
 My own personal use of the iPad has dropped dramatically since I got the iPhone 6 plus.  I suspect I'm not alone.  Apple needs to give people a compelling reason to upgrade.  They did it with the iPhone 6 plush which doesn't just have a bigger screen, they put in work to get extra functionality out of the larger screen.  Apps like Mail and Messages have additional functionality that takes advantage of the larger space, the home screen rotates, etc. This is Apple's chance...
 I think you are talking about a person multitasking, not a computer multitasking.  There are many situations where not having multiple windows open on my mac would kill my productivity.  Having multiple windows open on the screen at once, either within the same app or multiple apps provides far greater productivity than having to switch between them to accomplish the same task. iPad sales have been dropping, Apple needs to find a way to make it more powerful.  By powerful...
no, they aren't the same sized bezels on both devices and it's not even close.  Draw 2 horizontal lines that go across the top and bottom of the right display and you'll see it's really not even close to the same size bezel. The apple watch has a screen where the width is 85% of the height.  I already showed you the math, which is basic geometry, that proves that if the height of the display is the same, the rectangular display gives more image area than a round display....