or Connect

Posts by alandail

Netflix on iOS works, you just need the latest version.
  I completely disagree.  Benchmarks numbers are used to advertise your product as faster than your competitor for running apps.  Over clocking your processor only to run the benchmark, and not to run any other apps is flat out intentional fraudulent advertising.
doesn't that amount to fraudulent advertising?
  There is a huge, huge difference between using a remote app on an iPhone or iPad to control a UI that is on a different screen vs simply using the iPhone or iPad's netflix app to navigate to and play your content.   And remote control volume uses the CEC standard.  You aren't controlling the volume with amplitude modulation, which is an awful way to control volume on a TV.  You are actually controlling the actual volume.  The volume control gets to the TV via CEC over...
  For your first point, I don't see what the big deal is, none of apple's product photos show the power cord.  Who's going to see it once you plug it in?  it all goes behind your TV.   For your second point, for many TVs you don't have to switch a thing.   For your 3rd point, and your later UI point, they are related.  The netflix app on the iPad has a better UI than any other device that plays netflix.  Now that is your UI for watching on TV.   Someone earlier said this...
  The UI for doing this on blu ray players is generally awful.  I've tried pretty much every brand.  And the supported streaming sources varies as well.   For this, the UI is your normal iPad apps.  It's so simple, it's brilliant.
  yes, I've used the apple remote app, it's still easier to just use the netflix app that is optimized for finding netflix content using a touch UI.   And I was referring to more sources that stream directly from the web.  For example, vudu.  SUre, you can airplay mirror for apple tv, but you have to leave your device on. The few times I tried airplay mirroring to stream content for apps on the iPad the quality wasn't as good as streaming to the device directly. I like...
  It doesn't tie up the device.  The point is you can find your content on your iPad or iPhone, then have it play on your TV with the same quality it would play on an AppleTV.   As great as the appletv UI is, I've used my iPad to add content to the netflix queue, then went back to the apple tv to play it because it's faster to search that way.  I've often wished there was better integration between the two without using airplay, which ties up the iPad while it's streaming...
  I spent 10 minutes looking into it and ordered one.  It seems like a clever idea (certainly way better than that horribly designed google tv), you don't stream the ipad content to the chromecast, you basically just pass off the url and the chromecast does streams it directly from the server.  At $35 that includes 3 months of netflix streaming, apparently even for existing customers, it effectively only costs $11.03.  Certainly cheap enough to give it a shot.   A couple...
Seems to be getting ready for an Apple TV App Store. I will be shocked if they don't have one before Christmas.