or Connect

Posts by alandail

Those are the last things I'd ever do.  You might as well start them with keypunch cards. Object oriented programming is the first thing any new programmer should learn.  Why start them with bad habits (procedural programming) that the next class has to break. And what is the point in using less than state of the art tools.  Xcode shows errors as you type them, playground lets you execute the code as you type it.
 try the new mac pro track pad.  you can touch, click and deep click.  There clearly is difference between touch and drag (select) and click and drag (move).  The track pad doesn't actually move when you click or deep click it aside from haptic feedback, the haptic feedback causes you to feel movement that doesn't actually occur. Force Click could provide similar kinds of additional functionality on iOS devices.
 The phones became computers
 They have force touch on the apple watch.
I would also expect glances to make their way to iOS. You should be able to check something like the weather without leaving the active app.
 The limit is 16 megapixels, not 16GB.
 One difference between Google and Apple is Apple doesn't tell you what they are working on until the have a product.  The fact that you hear about things from Google first doesn't mean Apple wasn't already working it too. Another difference is Google will release alpha quality stuff they have to then scrap or that isn't fully thought out.  For example, how many different set top boxes have they done, I've lost track (their first one was a mess while Chromecast is...
 there's this Google's service is only free for those uploading video under 1080p and photos under 16 megapixels. Upload anything larger — say, a great DSLR shot — and if you're on the free plan, it's automatically compressed
I can't be the only one waiting for carplay before I buy my next car. I've driven cars with some of the other alternatives and they are brain dead. I listen to a streaming app in the car and it switches to music if I turn my radio up. I haven't even tried car play and I know it won't do something as stupid as that.
 what is wrong with a developer wanting to be able to work on code when they have their iPad, but not their computer, with them? Anything from an iOS developer working on the app they are building to a web developer fixing an issue on their web site.  Then there is the larger issue of people who only have iPads.  There is something inherently wrong with a computer that can't be directly programmed.  We should be opening programming to more people, not less. When the...