or Connect

Posts by alandail

Samsung sells products all over the world. When they bring profits from those sales that were already taxed overseas to the US, not only do they not have to pay any taxes on that money, they get tax incentives to invest in selling in america. Apple sells products all over the world and pays the appropriate taxes all over the world for those sales. If they want to bring that money into the US, they will be slapped with a 35% corporate tax on products manufactured,...
  They should end up with more (paying) customers per app, not less.  Once people  pay the $50, they can try out apps that you otherwise wouldn't have had access to.
  A single app is $20/month.  If you use more than 2 1/2, the $50/month saves money vs licensing them separately if that were an option.  I don't think Adobe expects everyone to to use all of the apps.  And your boss should prefer the small monthly fee vs the previous hefty upgrade fee.  It's a lot easier to budget for.   And now if you some day have a need for one of the other apps beyond the 4 you currently use, they are effectively free.
There is some really bad misinformation here.  It's being completely overlooked that there are multiple options.   - subscribe to everything It's $50/month, upgrades are included in the price.  It used to cost about $2000 to buy the CS6 master collection, upgrades were extra.  If you are a professional that needs it and can't get $50/month of value out of it, you're doing something wrong.   - students get a discounted subscription for $30/month.   - if you...
  so you're saying this will be bad for people who steal software?
competition is good.  When I want to rent something, first I look at Netflix and amazon prime to see if I can stream it at no cost, then I look at vudo, Sony entertainment network, and itunes to see if one is cheaper than the other.  If it supports airplay (or an appleTV version is released), I can add that to the list.   The crazy thing is if I want to buy something, often times the bluray/DVD/ultraviolet combo pack is cheaper than buying a digital copy on iTunes or...
  Can you give me even one example?  I have the 15" retina display and have not had a single instance of a web page looking bad.  In fact, they consistently look better.  I have a thunderbolt display hooked up and dragging windows back and forth doesn't change the size of the window, it only improves the display of the content.   As for a price decrease, apple hasn't lowered any retail prices.  If they have lowered the price they charge MacConnection, it more likely means...
  Why do you think that you need cable service to watch video? .   you can watch it when you travel and don't have access to cable. you can watch it in a room not wired for cable if they allow you to subscribe that way, you can watch it without having cable/satellite TV at all.   Also, on demand video is 100x better than using DVR where you have to know in advance you want to record it and nave to manage the free space on the DVR.
Apple is going about this backwards.  Build an App store for AppleTV and they would already have HBO Go and much more content, for the same reason they already have it on the iPad.
  it was called an analogy.   And several channels have been listed   Amazon Video - Available on Roku, not available on Apple TV.  this is not the same as netflix.  Amazon Video has some different free content with Prime and also lets you rent other content   HBO - Available on Roku, not available on AppleTV   Ted Talks - Avalible on Roku, not available on AppleTV   Vudu - available on roku, not available on apple TV   There are others.    some of these are available on...