or Connect

Posts by alandail

and you're certain Dana Reeve never had significant exposure to 2nd hand smoke?
I'm not sure that most posters actually read the article. Apple never said Nicotine causes cancer, they said the computer was "beyond economical repair due to tar from cigarette smoke". They also said "nicotine is on OSHA's list of hazardous substances and Apple would not require an employee to repair anything deemed hazardous to their health." They never said cancer, they said hazardous. Nicotine is toxic, exposure to high concentrations can kill people, lower...
My father, along with quite a few people he worked with, died because his employer thought it okay to knowingly let them work with known hazardous materials - asbestos. How can you honestly be this upset with a company who is taking a stand to protect their workers from a known health hazard? Are the warranty repair workers supposed to die to fix computers that were not faulty in the first place, but were rather damaged by neglect of their owners? Owners who knowingly...
Smoking in any public place or place of employment is illegal in Ohio - Ohio voters voted in favor of this ban in 2006.
it is, and typically on the mac the machine is ready to go by the time the lid opens. Why turn it off? I haven't found a reason in years.
Apple already effectively tried this with the iPhone. Initially all apps were to be Net 2.0 apps - that model failed, thus the release of Cocoa Touch based development and the App store. That model has had explosive growth. On an airplane with no internet, you can use your iPhone for many things, you can use your MacBook for many things. You'll be able to use your iTablet for many things. But what will a ChromeOS based NetBook be able to do? The focus on fast boot...
If that's true, someone needs to explain it to Verizon support. My wife has a Droid (she has to stay with verizon because her relatives all have verizon) and we can't get the Droid email to work with our company email server - which is an IMAP sever running on leopard, not Exchange. When we called support about it, they tried to sell us the $15 upgrade so we could access exchange servers until I explained to them it wasn't an exchange server, just standard IMAP. We...
or Verizon would have the same issues AT&T has - iPhone users actually use the network, so rather than investing in 3G in more areas, they have to invest those resources into the large population areas. Do you really think if everyone switched tomorrow, the Verizon network could handle the additional network bandwidth iPhone owners use? To see what the service for iPhone on verizon might look like, take a look at their current Droid service: The "unlimited" verizon data...
they get hit by far more than that, with far more bandwidth used, on Christmas day when people are using their iTunes gift cards. It's really just not that much data being requested to think it's Apple's servers that otherwise handle the load just fine.
are the iPhone release problems on Apple's end or on AT&T's end? iPhone activations are the only time Apple's iTunes servers have to rely on someone else's server (i.e. AT&T) to do part of the processing. And the release day of new models of iPhones are pretty much the only time there is a problem, and there is minimal data being transmitted. And those problems are isolated to iPhone activations, the iTunes store continues to operate just fine.