or Connect

Posts by alandail

They give up more now for sales that are harder for people to make. For a DS game, the fee to Nintendo is just part of the expense, there are also manufacturing and distribution expenses and then the customer has to go to the store to buy it. The game company makes well less than 70% of each sale. On this point they come out ahead.And is it not troubling that EA can sell Maddon 2010 for the iPhone/touch for $9.99, but didn't even bother making a version for the DS...
Sell, sort of. The DS has been on the market for 5 years and they have sold 113 million of them. Apple's had 37 million iPhone/iPod touch users at the end of March 2009. They are projected to pass 113 million sometime next year, perhaps by the iPhone's 3rd anniversary. And and will pass Nintendo for number of handheld machines sold either next year or in 2012. There really isn't anything Nintendo can do to stop that either. Sure, real buttons are nice for some games,...
As was the other article that said the iPhone wasn't coming to verizon. Both are nothing more than rumors at this point. What isn't a rumor is the fact that AT&T's exclusive deal is set to expire. What also isn't a rumor is the fact that in other countries, Apple is pursuing deals with multiple carriers. Also, Verizon's CEO has been quoted as saying they would like to carry the iPhone. Apple could accomplish it with a hybrid model. They could also accomplish it with a...
I guess you missed the later articlehttp://www.appleinsider.com/articles...n_q3_2010.html about the next generation of iPhone being a UMTS/CDMA hybrid and that it will be available on Verizon.
edge is far from useless - it's what I use myself most of the time as there is no 3G in my small town. Edge is fast enough for what I do that I don't even bother to turn on wifi and typically don't bother to turn on 3G when I'm in a 3G capable area. And the commercials are certainly misleading - in this very thread someone thought it meant there was no coverage outside of the areas shown in the ad. There are certainly places I don't get reception. THere are also places...
the actual coverage map looks like this The verizon ads only show the 3G coverage area.
Verizon can't directly attack the iPhone too much since sometime next year they'll be selling it. They can attack the network. That only goes so far, we don't even have 3G in my small town, but I'm not about to get rid of my iPhone, even for the new Droid, which my wife just bought (she has to stay with verizon because her relatives all with verizon).
and the new iMac is already available for $1549 on this site. And part of the difference in price between the 27" iMac and the 30 inch cinema display is the difference between having a product that will sell in the millions vs a product that will sell in the 10 thousands.
The computer is basically free. The 27" iMac costs less than the 30" cinema HD display. Is another 160 vertical pixels worth another $100?
Acer's quarterly profits - $107 millionApple's quarterly profits - $1.23 Billion - before the adjustments that show the actual iPhone revenues taht bring it to $1.9 billionAcer's year over year revenue growth - 5%Apple's year over year revenue growth - 12% (again, before the adjustments)Apple's results are from the the 2nd calendar quarter. The 3rd quarter results will be announced Monday. Projections are those results will show a 13.5% revenue growth and 16% earnings...