or Connect

Posts by alandail

you're sure caught up on the file size issue. a 720p display doesn't mean you have to use HD video, it just means you can use HD video. And it's pretty reasonable to think that storage space will at least double vs the current iPod touch. And while HD video files for those who choose them are larger than SD video, other content size is the same.
a 10" 720p screen has roughly the same DPI as the iPhone. If you stick to roughly the same DPI, a 7" screen gets you a 480p display. I'm not sure if there's a 7" display that has HD resolution. I know there's a 10" display that does because Nokia just announced a 10" netbook with an HD capable display. It also has 3G. It's a real mystery to me why some think a 10" tablet would have portability issues when a 10" netbook is sold specifically for that purpose. As are...
certainly a lot of assumptions for something you haven't even seen yet. And most apps would "translate" just fine. My iPhone home page has messaging, calendar, contacts, photos, maps, app store, clock, notes, calculator, safari, mail, iPod and a game (plus the phone of course). Of those, only the clock and calculator would have no need for a larger display. The rest you would get more detail and/or avoid scrolling. The iPod in particular would be even more compelling...
you must be confused. a 10" screen is not 10 inches wide. A 10" screen is roughly 5x8.5. A 10 inch machine in an iTouch form factor would be nowhere near as wide as a kindle dx as apple doesn't use so much space on the side of the screen. It'd be about as wide as a kindle, or about as wide as an iPhone turned on it's side. and an iPhone turned on it's side fits in most pockets.
we're straying off topic, but I think there is a difference. In 1985, Steve was forced out by people who thought he had the wrong vision for Apple. When he left, he took some people who shared his vision, the people left at Apple went in a different direction. All Steve did while away was build the technology needed to save Apple and that is at the heart of everything they do today. This time around, when he steps down (which hopefully is a ways off), it won't be because...
you just said 13" is as small as you should go for a laptop. How do you know smaller doesn't work? Because you have seen what happens when it goes smaller. In this case, you haven't seen the reverse, what happens when an iPod touch goes larger and has 3G or faster networking built in. I think it'll make an awesome laptop alternative. It'll be a heck of a lot lighter and easier to use than the pervasive netbooks on the market. And from your other post, why do you keep...
what are you talking about, this is going to be a touch with a larger screen and faster processer, not a laptop with a smaller screen and smaller processor. The MacBook is about as small as you'd want to go with a laptop because the keyboard, trackpad become hard to use if you go smaller.
some of your criticism are a bit odd. "Movies stored in the form of relatively small files? Kiss that good bye" - because nobody would want a larger, HD screen when they are watching a movie. Nobody would want a larger, HD screen, when playing games either? Or browsing the internet, reading email, etc. portability? It's certainly as portable as a netbook, which sell like crazy despite their awful keyboards, tiny trackpads, etc Why are things that small even using the...
http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3gs/messages.html [quote]MMS support from AT&T coming in late summer.[/quote[ So basically Apple is being sued because someone thinks summer ends in mid august?Does MMS for all phones offer these later functions? Perhaps the delay is simply AT&T building a way to deliver something reasonable to other phones if an iPhone sends an MMS that is a contact or map location?
I guess you were one of the ones who couldn't make it through the whole ad. The 9 year old was the first. The second was a professional making a jingle for a commercial The 3rd was supposedly a professional musician writing a song for his band. And it's been clearly shown that the laptop was macbook pro, not a sony.