or Connect

Posts by alandail

The computer is basically free. The 27" iMac costs less than the 30" cinema HD display. Is another 160 vertical pixels worth another $100?
Acer's quarterly profits - $107 millionApple's quarterly profits - $1.23 Billion - before the adjustments that show the actual iPhone revenues taht bring it to $1.9 billionAcer's year over year revenue growth - 5%Apple's year over year revenue growth - 12% (again, before the adjustments)Apple's results are from the the 2nd calendar quarter. The 3rd quarter results will be announced Monday. Projections are those results will show a 13.5% revenue growth and 16% earnings...
More likely they figured out others would do it. They didn't make the browsers, the plugins, or the method to create plugins. And they certainly didn't invent AJAX.
no, it's OS X - with the same programming tools and many, but not all, of the same frameworks. It's pretty straightforward to write code that runs on both machines because the core of both is the same OS.
The iPhone OS is OS X, just like the MacOS. You can be 100% guaranteed it will run OS X. There are different applications (iPhone doesn't have the finder) and some different frameworks (cocoa touch vs cocoa), but it's still OS X.
Because - you can carry ALL of your books with you (even ones from earlier classes related to the ones you are taking now - you never know when you might need to look something up from a prior class) and have it all weigh less than a pound.- you can search the content- you presumably can do other things you can't do with a printed book (named bookmarks, embed your own content/highlights/underlines that you can erase if needed)- these note could sync with your computer and...
That was the original plan - developers wanted native tools, which lets them leverage code written for their desktop apps and allows for apps that can't be written in either HTML5 or Flash.
Yet Safari on the iPhone/iPod touch have over 30% of the world wide mobile browser market share and well over 50% mobile browser market share in the US. Other mobile devices such as android will support HTML5 (via Webkit), which will result in HTML5 being available in a higher percentage of the actual mobile web market than Flash light.
I stopped looking when I saw it took 10 seconds to load a the calculator app and then another 10 seconds to load the weather app, only to have the weather app apparantly crash the first time. The Courier video does look interesting. I am a bit skeptical about a few things. For one, when they switched apps, they always managed to switch to just the right app the first time. The second is they managed to write a lot of text on one page when they wrote notes, I don't write...
how can it take 10 seconds to load a calculator?