or Connect

Posts by alandail

you must not have childrenand who cares how long the hardware lasts, digital content doesn't have to stay on one machine. It can move as many times as you need it to.
why are AT&T profits being compared to their profits a year ago? Doesn't it make more sense to do a comparison to their profits before the iPhone? The difference between iPhone 3G release and the 3GS release is this year AT&T ate part of the subsidy from 3G owners who upgraded.
I'm assuming apple uses a screen that is 1280x720, it wouldn't be as wide as a 10" screen that has a different ratio.it's not a real keyboard, even a 10" netbook has a reduced size keyboard. A real keyboard is 11" wide. A 10" netbook isn't that wide,, the keyboard has to be reduced. The keyboard on my MacBook Air is EXACTLY the same width as the main part of the keyboard on my MacProI used them enough to know I'd rather carry around a 13" MacBook Air with a real...
you're sure caught up on the file size issue. a 720p display doesn't mean you have to use HD video, it just means you can use HD video. And it's pretty reasonable to think that storage space will at least double vs the current iPod touch. And while HD video files for those who choose them are larger than SD video, other content size is the same.
a 10" 720p screen has roughly the same DPI as the iPhone. If you stick to roughly the same DPI, a 7" screen gets you a 480p display. I'm not sure if there's a 7" display that has HD resolution. I know there's a 10" display that does because Nokia just announced a 10" netbook with an HD capable display. It also has 3G. It's a real mystery to me why some think a 10" tablet would have portability issues when a 10" netbook is sold specifically for that purpose. As are...
certainly a lot of assumptions for something you haven't even seen yet. And most apps would "translate" just fine. My iPhone home page has messaging, calendar, contacts, photos, maps, app store, clock, notes, calculator, safari, mail, iPod and a game (plus the phone of course). Of those, only the clock and calculator would have no need for a larger display. The rest you would get more detail and/or avoid scrolling. The iPod in particular would be even more compelling...
you must be confused. a 10" screen is not 10 inches wide. A 10" screen is roughly 5x8.5. A 10 inch machine in an iTouch form factor would be nowhere near as wide as a kindle dx as apple doesn't use so much space on the side of the screen. It'd be about as wide as a kindle, or about as wide as an iPhone turned on it's side. and an iPhone turned on it's side fits in most pockets.
we're straying off topic, but I think there is a difference. In 1985, Steve was forced out by people who thought he had the wrong vision for Apple. When he left, he took some people who shared his vision, the people left at Apple went in a different direction. All Steve did while away was build the technology needed to save Apple and that is at the heart of everything they do today. This time around, when he steps down (which hopefully is a ways off), it won't be because...
you just said 13" is as small as you should go for a laptop. How do you know smaller doesn't work? Because you have seen what happens when it goes smaller. In this case, you haven't seen the reverse, what happens when an iPod touch goes larger and has 3G or faster networking built in. I think it'll make an awesome laptop alternative. It'll be a heck of a lot lighter and easier to use than the pervasive netbooks on the market. And from your other post, why do you keep...
what are you talking about, this is going to be a touch with a larger screen and faster processer, not a laptop with a smaller screen and smaller processor. The MacBook is about as small as you'd want to go with a laptop because the keyboard, trackpad become hard to use if you go smaller.