or Connect

Posts by alandail

I'm sure competitors can do similar analysis.  In fact a key competitor actually built the chip.
  what gives them the right to sue someone for using parts where the manufacturer already paid to license the patents? Didn't someone get a suit against Apple tossed out not to long ago for this very reason?
shouldn't it be illegal to license your patents to a chip supplier then sue companies for using those very chips? The patents have already been licensed.
Actually, even without the write off, they still lost quite a bit of money for the quarter.
  We have garment printers in our company that require a windows computer.  They won't even work with an iMac running boot camp.  Does that mean a mac isn't a computer?  Of course not. Tons of printers sold in years past won't work with any computer on the market today.  Some require the no longer supported AppleTalk, others require parallel ports, or lack drivers.  The iPad prints.  Someone buying an iPad for their only computer can buy a supported printer for as little...
  there are plenty of great games in the app store.   printing - I just bought my daughter a printer for college, she can print directly to it from her iPad   USB for cameras - Apple sells an adapter   http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A/apple-ipad-camera-connection-kit   icloud is the backup. And it's free for up to 5 gigs.   fact is, the iPad can do all of the tasks you listed and a lot more, and does them quite well.  The specific connections used to accomplish...
  Just because you can do some things on some other computer doesn't make the iPad not a computer.  I can't use a macbook to run the web server for our company because we have too much traffic, does that mean the macbook isn't a computer?  Of course not.
  The iPad most certainly is a computer.  The question isn't is is a computer, it's is it a PC.  My answer is it's the most personal computer ever made.  Which is why it's so quickly become so popular.  69 million units sold this year alone and likely over 100 million units sold next year.  It's competing head to head with windows PCs for sales, how do you call it anything else.
strange world the analysts live in.   Sell a flash memory device with a 11 inch screen that has a pointing device where you tap, slide, pinch with your fingers, but have to coordinate the actions of your fingers with a virtual finger that's on the display. give it a mandatory physical keyboard and you have a "PC".   Move the pointing device onto the screen itself where you can directly manipulate the content, shrink the screen by 1", make the physical keyboard...
  You said "apple isn't locking anything up" then proceeded to explain just how they have managed to lock things up by effectively controlling a large percentage of the world's supply for the necessary equipment.  Not just now, but into the future.