or Connect

Posts by alandail

The analysis is flawed. The only thing T changed is the billing model. I used to subscribe to Netflix just for th estqreaming, I never actually ordered DVDs. They changed the billing, I changed my subscription. I pay less money but somehow that represents revenue growth for streaming?
The problem isn't that greenpeace isn't perfect, it's that they attack the companies they should be praising. Apple is making a huge effort to build a solar farm and a fuel cell system to support this data center. This is the sort of thing greenpeace should embrace, instead the put out a report attacking Apple because they know it will generate publicity. It shouldn't be too hard to find someone with the expertise of fecklesstechguy who just posted to get reasonable...
you would think Greenpeace would be praising the company that's building the largest solar farm and the largest fuel cell installation in the country. THe other companies have to be laughing that they are being praised for actually doing far less.
how can anyone claim all attempts at this failed? Hypercard was quite successful. Myst was created with hypercard and released in 1993. It went on to sell 6 million copies to make it the best selling computer game until the Sims passed in 2002.Mishandling Hypercard is one of the bigger mistakes apple ever made. Here are some of the wide variety of apps Hypercard was used forCreating commercial software isn't the only viable use for programming tools. If a programming...
Like you, there is stuff I do in my "day job" that requires a PC (or 27" iMac in my case). However, when I'm away from work, the iPad does everything I need. I routinely use it in places I never took a MacBook. And the post pc era brings computing to people who don't need to do what you do in your day job. The iPad does everything 80% of people want or need from a computer, is easier to learn and more convenient to use than any PC. And can do it from pretty much...
I think that's what I said - and that I appreciate your running it.
Of course it's partly an ad, anyone who clicks on the link should realize that. It's also partly a legitimate story if the prices were just lowered. And of course they make money when you click. THere's nothing wrong with a free site making some money. And it's a win-win situation. Use their link to buy the 17" macbook pro and it costs $1,814.38, order it without using their link and it costs $1,879.99. We ordered one that we wouldn't have ordered without the story.
Why does apple need to cross license their own patents when they already are using a valid license to the patents in question.
They're both right. Jobs wasn't fired from Apple, but he was fired as head of the macintosh division that was the future of Apple. Which to Steve was the same thing. He still had an office, but had no work to do, and was blocked from creating any new work. The problem with Macintosh Office they were promoting in 85 is it was incomplete. They had the computer with a great graphical user interface, they had the laserwriter, they had the network, Steve burned out his...
Then why would you care about 3G?