or Connect

Posts by hardhead

Hmm, “Irish1978” let’s see here. Your family comes from a place of renowned English Literature writers, i.e., S. Beckett, E. Bowen, C. Dunne, C.S. Lewis, J. Joyce, B. Stoker, et al… Yet, for all your justifiable pride in your heritage, your above thoughts are what you post here among some fairly intelligent people of all stripes. Fascinating… OOH, good point maimezvous, at least ShawnJ wasn’t crass…
I was indirectly inspired by O-Mac's Superman post. Why in American movies and television shows are MOST superheroes, benevolent aliens disguised as humans or people who speak directly to GOD usually white folk... Is this simply because white folk still (for a good while longer...) make up the majority of the population. Or maybe just the case of whites making better producers, writers, actors, et al... Or is it maybe just a little bit of our baser side exposing...
I just want to know one thing... Just how in the heck does Ray Charles aim his gun? Huh? Just for the record, no one ever answered my question on how Ray Charles flew that jet in that other sucktastic movie, Stealth.
Pulling him out of the freezer... heh, as devious as our government may be at times to promote, extend or cover up it's activities, I believe they probably nailed Zarqawi on this mission. Later on this evening, I will toast to his death, with a shot of good single malt, as if it were his blood. A great victory? Bullsh*t... Another religious fanatic buttwipe will step into his sandles. It doesn't change my opinion that the Bushites chose the wrong war at the wrong...
Sheesh sj, will you PUHLEEZ let it be so we (the American people...) can go back to more important things... 9/11 is old news man...
G, If you and your lady-love ever make it out here to Califonia, you must, you must make a point of taking at least a couple of days to do the Napa/Sonoma tour in any of it's many forms. Anyone who enjoys good wine owes it to themselves to visit the area. It will be hard to believe your in the same state that is home to both San Francisco and Los Angeles...
I'm somewhat surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Earlier today in Atlanta, Georgia, the Defence Sec had to LIE once again. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4975372.stm It has been reported that he was "heckled". Yes, he was by everyone up to Mr. Ray McGovern. I'll give the Def. Sec. some credit for having the cojones to insist on letting Mr. McGovern have his say. Last time Mr. Rumsfeld will ever let that happen again... I also found it amusing at the...
As a long time(from the beginning...) Raider fan, I always keep my tin hat handy. The officiating was pathetic. Or was it? Maybe something else was afoot. Nawww. Super Bowls will SELDOM live up to the hype. It wasn't a bad game at all if you take the officials out. Of course, you can't do that. As an (old)oldschool Football fan, the commercial hype associated with the SB is stupifying. Oh well. The Rolling Stones? They SUCK... I mean, don't get me wrong people, I...
I will reply to Nick's very first post. I do agree with you on this Nick, There was far more "general" news coverage on the 360's release than the continuing killings in Iraq. A sign of the short attention span that has become the norm... Say what?! You are quoting THESE guys... Clear and compelling vision just like our leadership in the Whitehouse. Right? I served my country in the first Gulf Farce, err, War. As such, I've kept in touch with some of my lifer bros and...
Moe, this is a great post! I'll be back with my two cents in a while. My lovely DEMANDS my help in the kitchen, err, I have to replace the engine in my 'vette befor dinner...