or Connect

Posts by hardhead

Ahh, URU is a beautiful game. Still fire it up from time to time. TIE Fighter was a blast! Deus Ex is one of the GREAT games of all time... Deus Ex 2, very pretty on a high end PC but GENERIC ammo? Blehhh. Lineage 2, not my cup of tea but very interesting. You guys and your crazy role-playing games... IL 2 is excellent. The original Half Life SHOULD have been ported to the Mac. I still fire that bad boy up from time to time... Speaking of space sims......
Just looking at this from an American's (mine) point of view. Yes, there are plenty of problems within USA borders. The disaster that was/is Katrina being among the worst. However, kind of related with Katrina is something disturbing. Central America and southern Mexico have just been POUNDED by torrential downpours. Much material and agricultural land loss in countries that can ill-afford that. Many lives lost... Yet, I've heard NOTHING on the network news nor...
Talk about bragging...
^OK, valid points all. The one main thing I found more enjoyable in FarCry over HL2 was the non-linearity of the game. HL2 is way scripted. Still LOVE it... The one main thing that irritated me in HL2 was the "look ma, no hands..." you know where. WTF was Valve thinking with that gaming decision? Graphics-wise, vegetation and distance are rendered better on FC. Upclose textures, no contest. HL2 da winnar! Both require big horse power to split the above hairs...
I think, I think I'm gonna pass out...
Wow suni, you didn't like FarCry?! You can roam at will and approach targets from different angles. I can't think of another FPS that allows that much freedom. Granted, on difficult game settings the snipers can spot you through cover. Trigens become annoying very quickly. SAVE function can be irksome... Still, pretty good stuff that Mac (who are lucky enough to own a G5 tower with a high end video card...) players are missing out on. Oh yeah, the BF2 demo looks...
Midwinter, your LOST wiki is a spectacular labor of love. My complements. The fact that LOST takes place in a contemporary (assumed) setting gives the writers plenty of opportunity to tie in characters (in particular) to Classic literature and history in clever ways. BSG has neatly (I think) tied in some Greek mythology to its plotline/background. However, come on midwinter, the survivors as portrayed on LOST are STUPID. Frakken cripes, letÂ’s go take a stroll through...
I admit that Halo 2 and Resident Evil have ALMOST made me consider buying an XBox or PS 2. Almost. I'm just so use to kb+mouse control that I find console controls to be very frustrating. Probably because I now fit into the "can't teach an old dog new tricks..." syndrome.\ As it is, I limit my game time so I can interact with the "real" world. I would be lying if I didn't tell you guys that I get big kick out of being accused of cheating or hacking when I'm online...
I know Nick. That's just how I think of our fearless leader... As far as Robert's confirmation, well that's just dandy. Only right-wing white males are fit for the position anyway...
Nick, you took the very thoughts out of my finger tips...