or Connect

Posts by hardhead

Scrape, scrape (sound of knuckles draging along floor...), grunt, grunt... Should have drank my coffee before posting.
The head honcho is gone. Who do the Bushies want to replace him with? Why, that Robert's guy. Robert's who currently is being considered as one of eight associate justices. The Prez wants to kick him up to top dog of the SC. Whatever one may have thought of Chief Justice Rehnquist, Robert's can't hold his jock strap... What a load of crap.
Oops, I should have specified the Pismo... Emin, yeah...
SummerChris, WE want to know what you think about all this... Do you people realize that if a slightly slimmer, but in the very same form factor (with the logo right side up...) plastic-bodied Powerbook were JUST released, it would STILL be among the most aesthetically pleasing laptops available.
Emin, about two months after buying the Pismo, the battery would no longer hold a charge, Apple replaced it pronto. Same thing happened to the second battery. Again Apple took care of it quickly. The rubber feet all fell off. Minor annoyance. All the G4 powered PB's had problems. Yet, I continued to buy top of the line Powerbooks and believe, "Windblows/PEE CEEs are junk, blah, blah, blah...". I have spent WAY more money on Apple's products than I have on...
Christian, just hold off if you can. If you must buy a Powerbook soon, get a used one... All any of us can do is speculate on the price structure of the Intel powered Macs. I think they'll remain in the same ballpark. Wait for the TRUE Bad-Ass Powerbook... You didn't mention which size so I'll assume the BIG boy. Again, this is just kind of silly. Yes, Dell's budget models, like most budget PC laptops, are very flimsy. On the other hand, top of the line PC laptops, whether...
Fanboi...
Your kidding, right?With the exception of the wondrous OS X, Apple's hardware is two years or more behind simularly priced "premium" PC laptops. I'm no fanboi of either Apple or the WinTel/AMD hegemony. Neither Gates or Jobs, et al., have ever invited me over for dinner despite the THOUSANDSx of dollars I've spent over the years. I'm a middle-aged non-techie guy who can offord to buy whatever kind of computer I want. That doesn't mean I don't want the most...
For those of you that HAVE to own a Powerbook 15" or 17", you have my sympathies... 1- Are they pretty and shiny? Yes. 2- They run OSX? YES!. 3- Compared to the power/hardware features to price ratio available to PC users, are they overpriced? (OK, flame-retardent suit put on...) WAY overpriced, yes. If you are in the graphic arts, media arts or music arts, unless you have real deep pockets, buy a used model if you MUST have a Powerbook. What's that FSB...
Dang...still lookin' good.