or Connect

Posts by Fotoformat

I can imagine a newspaper headline in a couple of years time... "Hot Stud Sues Apple" - because of an overheating battery in an iPhone which was in the back pocket of his jeans, causing a scorched ass whilst having sex!
I have no intention of being disparaging about choices of employment and related skills attached to types of work, etc... but I strongly suspect those on this forum agreeing with the original proposition have the more "creative" jobs (artistically and design-wise) amongst us.  
Snip "If the service isn't stopped, it "will ultimately destroy the advertising-supported ecosystem" that underpins TV shows, Fox said." Snip   Many adverts that I have "watched" during the past 45 years (I worked in the TV broadcast industry for 20 of those years) are so visually obnoxious that I regard them as an invasion of my privacy. Also, most advertised products simply don't interest my now "minimalist" preferred lifestyle... so I would jump for an Apple system...
Maybe the JPL team just use Windows PCs to gain experience of "crashes"   ;~)
    Judging by various comments in several threads... is Fred a Rooney?   Urban Dictionary meanings of 'Rooney' include... "Jacked or stolen. To take something that is not rightfully theirs... burglarize, cheat, defraud, embezzle, poach, purloin, ransack, remove, rifle, rip off, shoplift, swindle, swipe, take..."  
As a mainly Nikon user (professionally) for around 40 years I have to agree with you... just wanted to allow myself a little wishful thinking on a Friday evening whilst NCIS LA is repeating itself on French TV. I do sometimes wonder, though, whether Ives has such a prototype locked away in his toy cupboard/bunker  ;~)
Talking of the occasional company failure... the 1994 QuickTake series of digital cameras were none-too successful for Apple with only a three-year production run... but it could be a sector for Apple to revisit (with their undoubted "halo effect") for a mid-to-high-end camera developed with their superb technology and cool design team. Nothing out-and-out professional (heavy and tough), nor soccer-mom (compact with a wide-range zoom), but a DSLR with a useful range of...
  Cars do effectively the same thing... get you from point A to point B. Would you also question their price difference?
  There's an old adage in tabloid newspaper press-rooms... "Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."
Original quote... "Ballmer said Microsoft intends to make it "absolutely clear" that the company plans to compete in any market against Apple, according to CRN. He said Microsoft plans to "innovate everywhere" and bring its partners along for the ride."   Considering the recent Surface** announcement debacle, I interpret it more like... "take its partners for a ride."   ** After the 1st quarter sales shipped figures, probably renamed "Surplus".