or Connect

Posts by kcartesius

Could you please give an example of those business tactics you apparently don't like - was just thinking about buying, but now I feel there's at least something more I should know. Thanks in advance!
Would not need to be full retina, but maybe a little more?   Most important update would be decent cooling so the iMacs wouldn't be running so hot and shut themselves off into sleep mode whenever they work harder for a while (God bless the Power Macs that never fail you!)
I got an iPad for my daughter. Personally, I lug a 7" Samsung Tab around in a special "gun belt" or just a bigger pocket. It works as a phone, too, and is just perfect for me and my local but often remote activity.   For all I care, the iPad mini could cost up to $1000 with a Retina display and phone capabilities.
I have old Mac Pros that now run SL, and can only run Lion max., not ML. Guess I'd be a kriminal now if I'd ever get Lion for the Pros in any way?
Yes, and no tech in the world can inject eagerness where it's not ;)   Someone determined to become a somebody will do more with pen, paper and an old 386 that a spoiled, "I'm boored" kid with a retina iPad...
I'm waiting for a 12-15 inch MacBook with touch screen. One day, maybe... No trackpad is as fast as directly pointed fingers anyway.   Got an iPad but went back to my MacBooks and bigger Macs rather fast, as:   1) A laptop sits better in my lap. A Mac, that is (with no vents underneath).   2) Had to hold the iPad all the time - doesn't work well on a table, either.   3) Apple (Simon) says what you may do with an iPad. With Macs (so far) that's not the...
So they should get paid more than they already do - that's what you're saying.   The (little) people who work for money only are easily replaced and should only get what they deserve plus some small bonuses to keep them happy. Key employees and strategic third party developers who do more than just work, are a different story, and have always got what they need - even under "gray box" Sculley.   Some of the (knowledgeable) fanboys who do free PR work for Apple year after...
Every time I use a cell phone for a longer period of time, I get a headache. Have been using all kinds of cell phones since the mid 90s. Since the headache goes away soon after a call is finished, "there's nothing to worry about", the experts and economically conscious authorities say. They also say my observations have no (scientific) value whatsoever since I'm not a proper expert. "Maybe it's just tension neck or something similar? Maybe I'm just imagining things, and...
Yeah, my old Mac Pros just keep working and working; 24/7/365 year after year. No problems with heat (Flash) either - unlike iMacs and MacBooks that overheat and sometimes shut themselves off when the going gets too hot (yes, I keep them clean and employ extra fans and cooling, but they still fail now and then).   Will definitely get new Pros when I need the power and Mountain Lion (seems older Pros won't run ML).
1. One of many available methods, although far from Apple. 2. It's not often that something isn't better than nothing. 3. Please tell me (and others) how Apple "will talk to its users thereof directly". Yes, they talk to you - product announcements and such. But you can't talk with them, or can you? No sarcasm here; I just want to know.   I've used Macs since 1986; all from a 128 upgraded to fat mac -> now I own 2 pros, iMacs, Macbooks... Have never known a way to talk...