or Connect

Posts by AdyB

I'm sorry but that's rubbish. My wife's 3GS is still working perfectly well for her needs with iOS6. The fact you cannot get the latest iOS update 4 years after the phone came out does not stop your phone from working. Heck, how many of the Android phones out there are not on version the latest version & still function? My 1 month old S4 mini that I have to use for work arrived running 4.2.2 which is what - 2 Android versions old? Off topic but a more interesting question...
No - I would have been very happy with a 4" iPhone 6 too. My 4S is starting to creak but I won't decide on which way to go (5s or 6) until I've handled the 6 and know how big it feels to me.
 Macworld.com for The Macalope - a great read 3 times per week.
What is the % increase if you move the from date to Jan 2008?
I rather like the fact that they quietly shot down the IDC & Gartner conclusions by stating that they had double digit % growth in the US (& many others) rather than making a big song & dance about it.
I don't see how you can say FACT since when did Amazon ever say how many 'tablets' they've sold (or shipped)? The only company (that I know of) with the guts to give out numbers of what they've sold is Apple, so whilst your 10:1 ratio may be correct, we'll never know!
Or could it be quality? My iMac is 7 years old, runs the latest version of OS X (& will run the next one too), has never needed rebuilding, repairing, replacing and helped me to avoid both Windows Vista (the reason I moved over from Windows after 10 years of PC use from Win95 to WinXP) and Windows 8.Overall cost of ownership - both purchase price and my time needing to keep the thing working - has been far less than the 7 years of PC use that predated the iMac's purchase...
I was given a brand new Samsung S4 Mini as my new work phone 4 weeks ago. On the 1st Friday evening, I switched it into flight mode with 85% battery remaining and put it to one side. On the Sunday evening I went to check that the alarm was set for the correct time and the battery was completely discharged. I had spotted that Google Music Play seemed to have started up every time I picked up the phone even after I had tried to kill it a few times. I spoke to my Android...
Certainly not in the UK but Spain, Portugal etc, I don't know!
It will be interesting to see if the Macalope decides to take this 'article' on over the weekend. It does seem to be taking the "Apple is Doomed" reality distortion field to a new (lower) level.