or Connect

Posts by AdyB

I'm not sure about that. I paid for AppleCare when I bought my iPhone 4s nearly 3 years ago and never needed to use it once. So was it worth it? It certainly gave me peace of mind for the 1st 2 years. I suppose the question is will I buy it for the iPhone 6 I plan to buy in the next month or so - i don't know!
 I'm sorry but that's rubbish. My wife's 3GS is still working perfectly well for her needs with iOS6. The fact you cannot get the latest iOS update 4 years after the phone came out does not stop your phone from working. Heck, how many of the Android phones out there are not on version the latest version & still function? My 1 month old S4 mini that I have to use for work arrived running 4.2.2 which is what - 2 Android versions old? Off topic but a more interesting question...
No - I would have been very happy with a 4" iPhone 6 too. My 4S is starting to creak but I won't decide on which way to go (5s or 6) until I've handled the 6 and know how big it feels to me.
 Macworld.com for The Macalope - a great read 3 times per week.
What is the % increase if you move the from date to Jan 2008?
I rather like the fact that they quietly shot down the IDC & Gartner conclusions by stating that they had double digit % growth in the US (& many others) rather than making a big song & dance about it.
I don't see how you can say FACT since when did Amazon ever say how many 'tablets' they've sold (or shipped)? The only company (that I know of) with the guts to give out numbers of what they've sold is Apple, so whilst your 10:1 ratio may be correct, we'll never know!
Or could it be quality? My iMac is 7 years old, runs the latest version of OS X (& will run the next one too), has never needed rebuilding, repairing, replacing and helped me to avoid both Windows Vista (the reason I moved over from Windows after 10 years of PC use from Win95 to WinXP) and Windows 8.Overall cost of ownership - both purchase price and my time needing to keep the thing working - has been far less than the 7 years of PC use that predated the iMac's purchase...
I was given a brand new Samsung S4 Mini as my new work phone 4 weeks ago. On the 1st Friday evening, I switched it into flight mode with 85% battery remaining and put it to one side. On the Sunday evening I went to check that the alarm was set for the correct time and the battery was completely discharged. I had spotted that Google Music Play seemed to have started up every time I picked up the phone even after I had tried to kill it a few times. I spoke to my Android...
Certainly not in the UK but Spain, Portugal etc, I don't know!