or Connect

Posts by macguru

Most posters here are missing the forest for the trees. Any, and I mean Any, smartphone has features that surpass the iPhone. Why get so bent out of shape whenever anyone suggests that? Who cares? It's kind of like an Oakland Raiders fan saying to Baltimore "we've got a better punter!" Just give the losers their due. They need it. We Apple users can bask in the knowledge that we are living the high life. We enjoy the world's best complete package. And all the others can...
Exactly. That's the silver lining in the stock drop. "Flitty" shareholders are being weeded out. Now Apple has bottomed out, but this bottom will be much more solid. As the share price rises, slowly perhaps, bad news won't have near the effect that it has had of late.
  Very good point! And I can attest that this is indeed happening. I've only tested these iPhone carriers once (by walking in and asking if the iPhone was worth getting), and sure enough the Verizon sales clerk went off on the classic rant about how you are "pretty much just paying for the name" when you get an Apple iPhone. The other smartphones are a better value, and so on. I thought, after that experience, that Apple should loosen up their wallet and allow these sales...
It doesn't help Apple's cause to insult others in such a crass way. I'm on your side with Apple. But kindness in all things is best. It's certainly not worth creating conflict and ill-feelings just so you can speak your mind without any kind of social filter.
ikrupp, It's not teflon. It's grease. That's how Samsung does it.
The title's stupid? The star is going to flop? The poster's out of character? Geez, we just love to wallow in negativity don't we. It's all good. I'm looking forward to this movie a lot.
Several people on this comment thread have responded to this, but I'm dumbfounded as to why everyone seems to miss the obvious. The fact is, Apple DOES charge $100 for doubling storage. $100 to go from 16GB to 32GB. $100 to go from 32GB to 64GB.   If Apple offered a 128GB iPad, it would be exactly $100 more than the 64GB model. Microsoft following Apple's lead once again. Some things never change.
Yes, without a very strong leader who can stand up to shareholders and get his way in all things, all successful companies become victims of their own success. Shareholders demand ever increasing revenue, or maintained revenue at the very least. So taking a revenue hit at any time is the kiss of death for all but the most commanding CEO's. It's okay to give up some revenue from one thing if you can replace it with revenue from a new thing, as Apple so remarkably did with...
If you don't believe in market economics, That's just fine. More power to you. But the only real absolute determiner of what is fair pricing in a marketplace is exactly what people are willing to pay. The marketplace has built-in safeguards against overpricing -- people won't buy. Do you believe a more fair system would be to enforce your particular pricing preferences? If I had my way, Apple would have one price for me (very low) and another price for everyone else...
South Dakota. That narrows it down quite a bit.