or Connect

Posts by macguru

So the other part of the story goes like this:   After wasting away for 2 years in depression and anger, I finally just let it go in a dramatic way that was really heartfelt. Within 2 weeks of that letting go moment I got a call from the cross-town Apple Reseller rival of my old company. They wanted to sell and they were really in a financial bind, so I could get it dirt cheap, which was great because I didn't have any disposable income. I would have to take a second...
Story of total vindication in the Apple Reseller world. I formed an Apple Reseller company 12 years ago with 3 other partners. Within a years time, the 3 three of them conspired to oust me, which they did. But they had to buy be out, which they did. Not sure what possessed me at the time. I was somewhat depressed. But the iPod was coming on strong and the iTunes store was just getting rolled out. So I took a big leap of faith and invested $10,000 of my buyout money into...
It's futile to decide on the "best businessman". Jobs and Buffet are good examples of how two businessmen can have totally different career trajectories and skill sets. Here's what Steve has the best of, which can't be easily argued -- business story. Genius is great, but yes there have been a few. But couple genius with an amazing story, then you've got something very special. Watch a movie of Buffet's life, then a movie of Jobs' life. Which one captivates you and...
Good insight. But even the Beatles who flew so close to the sun couldn't stay there very long before there wings melted. How long will Apple endure at its lofty height without Steve? I have a ton of confidence in Cook. But what company could possibly keep this up?
Wow, good one. You obviously had an inside track, and have a lot of pride in how you helped shape the modern tech world with Steve. Thanks for your input.
Yes, some of the expressions reminded me of Steve. But, I almost hate to say this, did anyone notice that the actual tonal quality of his voice matches Bill Gates more than it does Steve Jobs?
Glass half full or half empty? This dude is definitely the half empty type. He prefers to get on his high horse of self-righteousness, appoint himself the arbiter of the moral high ground and try to shame Apple into complying with his agenda. Or maybe he just gets off on pontificating because it makes him feel superior. Does he really care for the Chinese? I doubt it. I mean, not really. All that aside, however, nobody is being forced to do anything. The Chinese are not...
Which, in the end . . . (okay, enough already with the shower metaphor ;-)
ditto, ditto, and furthermore... ditto
Wait, what you're saying is "Apple should allow competitive copying so that its competitors will start innovating." It doesn't make sense. I don't understand how some people don't get that Apple is trying to thwart copying, not innovation. Companies that try to steer clear of copying end up creating something new, i.e. they innovate. Since the iPhone and iPad, almost every competing product that has come along looks just like an iPhone or an iPad. I don't get how that...