or Connect

Posts by alcstarheel

He was being sarcastic. Notice the upside-down exclamation points.
If they release the retina iPad mini in November then it'll be using ~2 year old "new" iPad (3rd gen) tech so shouldn't component costs be reduced?   We shouldn't kid ourselves. They didn't just up and release the mini. Had to be at least a year in dev before release which means they've been working on the retina mini already enough to get their manufacturing right to hit that price point. I don't see them releasing a regular iPad mini with updated internals while also...
That was from Qualcomm's CES keynote this week. Pure classic. If you didn't see their whole keynote you missed out.   http://www.theverge.com/2013/1/8/3850056/qualcomms-insane-ces-2013-keynote-pictures-tweets
They aren't updating the mini in two months. When you sell out of a product and can't keep them on shelves a full two months after release you aren't going to update it again after two-three more months. It makes no business sense. You meet high demand with availability not major changes. And, I've said this before, as a user of the mini the screen is not that bad. I'm never sitting there using it saying "man I wish this was a retina screen." Pundits just needed something...
It's not a firm denial but I don't see a separate product being developed. The 4, 4S, and 5 will continue to be sold when the next version comes out. The 4 is still a great phone for emerging markets if that's what people keep coming up with. It won't have SIRI and some current iOS features but it can handle mostly every app. Why can't that be good enough? There's no point in having a newly-developed $350 off contract 8 GB iPhone being sold alongside a newly-developed...
I like it. In table mode it is essentially what the surface was striving to be. I remember from the Surface demo when they set the phone on the table and then you could access that phone's data. Then photos on the Surface you can "swoop" back to the phone. That looks like the direction they are heading and that's pretty cool from a syncing and gaming aspect.   I don't know how many homes this is going to show up in, though. The part in the commercial where the wife...
Should have linked to the Pebble. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/597507018/pebble-e-paper-watch-for-iphone-and-android http://getpebble.com/ They need to update their sites as iOS 6 allows text over Bluetooth but that should just be a software update. I've wanted one of these for a while. I wanted the iPod Nano to become this but they went and enlarged it this fall smh And same as LarryA. I want to talk to and get responses from Siri through it.
That link includes tablets/phablets as well..so it's more like 100 devices on the Android side to 6 devices (iPod, iPhones, iPads) on the iOS side. Looking through that link how do they differentiate themselves? Samsung has 24 devices in that list. It's also funny that they still list the Dell Streak from there. Looks like some of these devices are old and not for sale anymore, though.   Still when you look at this list it's a ridiculous comparison for activations. Just...
Last 5 years (2008 recession included):         Where is Google's upside? They've lost 2% over the past 5 years. Apple has gained 179% with almost 3 times as many shares outstanding (obviously because they've been around longer) but still with more earnings per share.   Yes, since Android's release GOOG's stock has gone up 50+%. Through that same period AAPL's stock has increased 280+%. What war are we talking about here?   P/E is not even a tell-all. Amazon's P/E is...