or Connect

Posts by alcstarheel

Because those other companies are known for and prone to it. Apple isn't.
With regards to price, which is the context we were talking about.
The carries already payed full price for the phone. They can do pretty much what they want. They aren't going to drop the subsidized price of the iPhone 6 to $0 immediately or they'll lose money so Apple doesn't have to worry about heavy discounting. But like Tallest said..Apple does not discount the iPhone.
So anyone can just build a skyscraper with the same design as 1 World Trade Center? Or the Empire State Building? Or the Sears Tower? Or - more apropos - Apple's Spaceship Campus? Design patents are there for a reason just like other patents. To eliminate copycat designers/engineers/artists.
It's official. The word purport and all its tenses have been killed by Appleinsider.
That's not Apple discounting..those are carries.Apple still charges full price:
Let the analysis of the invitation commence!   This is a little early than usual. Recent history has the invitations being sent out one week in advance.   Question..is this new venue bigger than where the usual iPhone events have been? If so they are expected more press for their announcements.
So who will be "right?" Well-connected Ming or well-connected John Paczkowski? I myself can't wait to see it.
You think RL's target audience for this product are technophiles like the readers on this site?
I didn't say the limit was 4". I also didn't say there wasn't a progression between the 4S and the 5. I'm saying solely an increase in screen size does not progression make.Personally, I would say 5" is the limit on a mobile personal device. I don't think spending the money and time is going to bode well. I don't think economies of scale favor a device that size. I'm not being stubborn and fighting a trend. I'm hoping Apple doesn't follow one that just doesn't seem...