or Connect

Posts by emig647

That's because they THINK they want what the manufacturer builds. I haven't seen it done well to this day. Not knowing that for a fraction of the price that the manufacturer charges, they could get something way better. I'd much rather have an aftermarket system anyways. Kenwood, Alpine, Pioneer all have CarPlay head units, I have a 4000 NEX in my Toyota Tacoma now, and am fairly happy with it. Did the same thing to my Mitsubishi Evolution MR as well. Not once have I been...
Confused what the difference between this and the original testflight groups are?
 If there is one thing I've learned in the 13 years of writing Apple software, is to follow Apple's conventions or it most likely will burn you later on. Apple clearly prefers the NSError design pattern (and even has ARC optimizations surrounding it). They clearly call out that the Cocoa frameworks respond ill towards exceptions being thrown, exceptions that are uncaught will take down a program (it can be easy to miss if they are abused), and there are memory issues with...
 It has been a long underlined point by Apple that exceptions are to be avoided at all costs in Objective-C and Cocoa. Exceptions simply marked an unrecoverable state, a last chance effort to grab information before the app was killed. There are inherit (no pun intended) issues surrounding memory and inheritance and exceptions. The NSError pattern has always been the preferred way to handle these situations. A lot of Java and C++ developers glossed over this.  NSException...
@digitalclips I know you're being funny, but plenty of people still have to run Windows, unfortunately. Excel doesn't even compare between the platforms, and seems the Mac version can not keep up in a business environment. 3D Studio Max is still a large standard, and has yet to make its way to the Mac platform (Autodesk, get off your ass!).    I tend to agree with the article. I think ARM is a ways off. I think the AMD option argument is the most interesting of all. If...
@gerry g. I haven't had any issues with USB devices, nor my USB switch on mine. Most 3d applications are VERY CPU oriented (Cinema 4d for example), so of course it's going to benchmark slightly lower, it went from dual cpus to a single cpu. To be in the same ballpark is a win. I haven't had any rendering issues in FCP X yet. Maybe I don't push my machine in video as hard as these guys, but I certainly push the CPU with video / audio encoding, continuous integration. I've...
 You don't have to. I've done just fine maintaining contact with my friends without FB. They want you to think you need it. You don't. Enjoy a Facebook free life, it feels good :)
I think most people can do it. Some are better equipped than others, but I believe most of it chalks up to experience.    Regardless, say you are one of those with a mind and you aren't ever exposed to it, how will you know if you excel at it?   I was exposed to many classes in high school that I wasn't good at, but glad I did it for experiences.
I wish Apple would do this more. A programming class for an hour is to spark interest, not to throw the book at them. This is seriously needed as numbers with prospective engineers is actually dwindling. Many high schools across the country have actually cut down or killed off programming classes. (Ars had a write up about it today). I've witnessed this first hand with some kids I wanted to mentor. Their schools simply don't offer programming classes any more. Two of those...
Can NOT wait! I was wondering when this was coming out.