or Connect

Posts by emig647

False!Both amd and nvidia write the drivers for apple. There have been numerous articles and interviews over the years.
@hydr - Completely agree. There will always be a way here to get access to data.    The curious part of me wonders how they're going to implement a security fix with so much fragmentation.
  Buy GeekBench so John can afford to get a new Mac Pro and optimize it :). My shameless plug. He'll get it dialed soon I'm sure. I'd love to see him do a Open CL benchmark test. He knows GPUs extremely well. 
  I used to think the same thing. My current Nehalem Mac Pro is locking up while being pushed, so I took it to the Apple Store Monday. OMG what a pig. The current version is just way too big, especially if these need to be moved at all (filming, live audio, etc w/e). I'm no potato chip eater either :).    Personally, for it being a single cpu vs dual cpu, I'm pretty stoked there is still a 10% increase in performance. Not to forget the faster SSD, faster ram and faster...
  It's not out yet. Supposedly shipping Q3 2013.     Huh? This is comparing a single 2.7ghz 12 core xeon cpu to the 2010 mac pro with dual 3.07ghz 6 core xeon cpus, and it still beat it by 10%. Not to mention, ~1/8th the size?
  Keep in mind that was a rumor.   It all depends what's being added / changed. If it's UI / finder revamp mostly, then it could have been well tested by Feb. 
  You really have access to OEM (ie Apple battery) for $50? Or is it a chinese knock-off passed off as a OEM battery that could have consequences later on (like expanding from heat, and blowing up like other aftermarket batteries have in the past)?   I doubt most have been as have been as hard on a MBP as I have. Running dual drives (SSD 256 & 7200 500gb in optical bay) and iOS and Mac programming an average of 10 hours a day 5-6 days a week for the last 2 years. My...
Not to mention they possibly pay more taxes than any other corp. in the US. That isn't enough?
Gotta agree. Been coming to this site since the 90s, never seen a 3rd party product pushed so hard. If the site owners are going to do this more, they should make a review section. The whole "don't click on it then", I personally don't know what the true contents of the articles are going to be until I'm inside. A lot if articles have vague or misleading headlines. Either way, $80 + lower cell reception == lose in my book.
Yah there is. They even have their own organization. MLGMajorleaguegaming.com. These guys get paid to play. A buddy of mine gets flown to these events and gets paid. Not much though. But it exists.