or Connect

Posts by emig647

Not to derail the derailment... but any speculation on the new MP hardware?
I completely agree Gary. In my 2011 MBP, I took out my ODD and replaced it with another hard drive so I could have a dedicated internal time machine back up and bootcamp partition. I use those much more than I ever did the ODD.
I agree removing the ODD out of the macs to move forward with technology was a wise move. This is coming from a HD maniac.    I have a hack with a blu-ray drive in it. I converted all of my blu-rays that I purchased to high quality MKVs so audio and video quality wasn't compromised. I stream that to my Mac Mini with XBMC and Plex. It's so much more convenient than carrying media around. Changing it out, etc.   IMO, for iTunes media to ever be a viable alternative...
  Now you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You obviously didn't read my entire post.    Did you NOT read my entire post? There are press release statements to all authorized dealers from Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine.    Look at this:   http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/In-Content%20Images/Apple/Pioneeriphonecompatibilitychart.pdf   Notice the entire right column on ALL headunits has an asterisk. This is what happened to every headunit out on the...
I'll admit, since all of the product / part leaks, I've been less excited about product launches. That was one thing that I always looked forward to, the things I didn't know was coming out. No more "One more thing"...
^--- There is no denying the huge Bluetooth blunder from iOS 6. Virtually all aftermarket and OEM bluetooth radios have major issues with iOS 6. Some don't even work.    There is a 31 page discussion on Apple's Support forums. Kenwood, Pioneer, Alpine have all released press statements about it. What are they going to do? Release firmware updates for every head unit? Apple screwed something up here. That needs to be fixed pronto.
This is however, quite sad, and we all lose now...   "However, public filings show that last year, for the first time, both Apple and Google spent more on purchasing and litigating patents than research and development of new products."
Once again spot on post. /endofthread
^--- Hit the nail on the head. Plus it's difficult for them to move on when they want the newest phone badly and reup their contracts constantly.    Still, 1 year into my current contract with ATT, it's still cheaper for me to break contract with fee, buy an unlocked iPhone, and switch to virgin for two years than maintain my current contract with ATT. Something wrong with that picture.
There could be a vacuum for Maps developers. Judging by the dates of these job postings and Apple having the Maps dev team on lockdown, they are probably taking all the help they can get. This was a HUGE initiative in a short amount of time. It will work out in the end, but in the meantime need to take this stuff with the grain of salt. Personally I'm sticking with 5.1 for a bit on my phone, but going to iOS 6 on my iPad immediately.