or Connect

Posts by emig647

I agree with most of what he said except for only major industries like Pharmaceutical Companies needing them. There are companies that spend hundreds of millions of dollars on software development. Why shouldn't they be protected? As a developer, I feel strongly that software patents need major reform. There needs to be at least some protection to very specific procedures. None of this "system that holds data that points to data" nonsense.
Zune 2.0... lol
I don't believe it...   I seriously doubt this guy is privileged to what apple is doing in 2013. Most devs I work with are on 15" MBPs, for them to just take it away, just doesn't seem logical.   I do rarely see the 17" in the wild any more. I remember one year at WWDC it was a dominating notebook, but not so much now days.    I can picture them being able to do this with a high res display. We shall see.
  That is because you authenticated at one time or another. It maintains the session on your phone. But once one of the apps asks for more information, it will ask you to permit it again.
Facebook SDK is completely garbage... integrating it in apps is not a fun process. Having to verify with Facebook app or Safari just to get the wall is not a great user experience. I read they are trying to deprecate in-app authentication and force the previous mentioned.   So yes, this is a bitter sweet welcomed feature. Anything to get past the pain of FB SDK.
  Considering most current smart phones, similarly compared to most pc laptops, they definitely do not design their products with precision. There are bigger gaps, clunkier refinements. Taking this into account, it most certainly would be collecting dust.
Exactly.    There are plenty of ways to design around this with it not having a notch. Was just an excuse so they could maintain patents. Now no patents / excuses on something that everyone has to use. Win win imo.
This sounds nothing like what the process is... 
I completely agree.    I'm on a 12 core 2.66 westmere right now, it's MORE than enough for even our most die hard modelers here. It's not like this machine is a slouch.
Sweet can't wait, marking the events now :)