or Connect

Posts by emig647

I'm fairly certain, Passbook in it's present form, will go away. There are hardly any businesses that use it in the US as well. I don't participate with any of the businesses in Passbook. It will either be scrapped or re-written imo.
  My exact thoughts... beat me to it :)
  Are you implying it's "CoreData" vs "Core Data"? If so, It's "Core Data" not CoreData. Just as it's Core Storage, Core Image, Core Audio, Core Video, Core Services, etc.    https://developer.apple.com/technologies/mac/data-management.html   https://developer.apple.com/technologies/mac/audio-and-video.html   If not, disregard
  But the dates on those results should be noted. IMO, it's much improved since iOS 6. Perfect? Hell no, but I don't expect it that quickly.
  Sorry for the ninja edit post. I edited, let me know if you want to add anything since I didn't do you or me any favors by posting early :)
  It's SQLite at all times on iOS, yet it can be multiple types on OS X. plists (XML), Sqlite, or anything that Apple chooses. They reserve the right to change it at any time with Core Data. It being SQLite is supposed to be behind the scenes.    Edit: Was on the phone, shouldn't have been positing as I completely missed your point :)   I'm not sure what you mean you are supposed to use SQLite for Library method. You don't directly interact with SQLite, you use a managed...
FYI, Apple released Core Data in 2004 at WWDC with the Tiger Preview. (have the wwdc videos to prove it). On a side note, my experience with iCloud and Core Data has been positive as of late. When it first came out it wasn't working AT ALL. Even last year around WWDC we were still running into many issues. But lately it's been working as expected going from iOS to iOS device. We still run into issues going Mac -> iOS though, but not very frequent.
Wow, the comments here are way different than Mac Rumors, came here thinking I had an argument, but no. Everyone here seems to be on board with this.    MacRumors users say it was a waste of money... sequester blah blah blah.    I work at a VERY large company who recently purchased an iOS device for every employee. I'm one of the iOS devs for the internal enterprise software for that company. They have already started saving money by avoiding massive print jobs,...
  I feel the results are hit or miss. They seem to be great here in Portland. I have ran into one issue and it was construction related, apple maps rerouted me perfectly (after reading the bad road wrong), google maps didn't reroute for my wife as gracefully (I was following her). Other devs and apple users around here seem to feel about the same.    With that being said, I still agree, they have a long way to go. But I can honestly say, I can use them full time without...
I'd love to know more about this. Seems carrier employees do push Android on people that come in for iPhones quite a bit. I just figured they were fandroids, perhaps I assumed incorrectly ;p