or Connect

Posts by emig647

I don't care what they're assembling, jobs in the US is win win no matter what the circumstances. It's a step in the right direction to bring jobs back. I hope the rumors are true!   And yes, I'd pay an extra $50 per phone if it meant jobs in the US.
Definitely agree, this isn't cool. I'm getting closer to moving to Sprint every day, but would rather buy the unlocked iPhone 5 and go with Virgin. We'll see what happens.
  I don't agree with this. Even consumers are doing video editing / processing, photo editing, audio conversion, running multi-apps, number processing, etc.    If Apple transitions to ARM, I don't believe it will be 100%. I believe their low-end machines will, but the rest will be Intel. ARM isn't going to catch up to Intel. Intel has so much speed in their back pocket right now, they could literally jump another 1-2ghz overnight if they wanted to. They are simply waiting...
Lightning was made to take us 10 years into the future. Most likely to be compatible only with USB 2.0, but 3.0 and thunderbolt as well. Give Apple a chance to get this going before you talk down on it. It's been what, a little over a month?
Apple still has a ton of momentum. As a Mac / iOS developer, I view this as a chance, a shot in the arm to rejuvenate iOS and push the UI on both operating systems to new levels. I haven't been this excited with Apple in a while.   Note: in before TS posts!!! That's some kind of achievement. 
  Win comment, and my signature now.
Not to derail the derailment... but any speculation on the new MP hardware?
I completely agree Gary. In my 2011 MBP, I took out my ODD and replaced it with another hard drive so I could have a dedicated internal time machine back up and bootcamp partition. I use those much more than I ever did the ODD.
I agree removing the ODD out of the macs to move forward with technology was a wise move. This is coming from a HD maniac.    I have a hack with a blu-ray drive in it. I converted all of my blu-rays that I purchased to high quality MKVs so audio and video quality wasn't compromised. I stream that to my Mac Mini with XBMC and Plex. It's so much more convenient than carrying media around. Changing it out, etc.   IMO, for iTunes media to ever be a viable alternative...
  Now you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You obviously didn't read my entire post.    Did you NOT read my entire post? There are press release statements to all authorized dealers from Kenwood, Pioneer and Alpine.    Look at this:   http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Images/In-Content%20Images/Apple/Pioneeriphonecompatibilitychart.pdf   Notice the entire right column on ALL headunits has an asterisk. This is what happened to every headunit out on the...