or Connect

Posts by emig647

... I was thinking..... Mac Pro doesn't really offer much expandability either. Only has pci-express slots, and there really aren't any pci-express expansion cards.... especially for mac. With pci-express 2.0 coming out soon, it makes me nervous there won't ever be any pci-express 1.0 cards.
And the point that you are missing is a majority of the users out there are USED to the non-AIO enclosures. Ugh I don't want to type this out already because I have fiber glass all over my hands...Ask any computer sales man out there (I've been there). One of the first questions people as is about expandability. Most don't use it, but it's still something people want to feel cozy with. These joe users that ask this question feel they are getting jipped with an AIO. Mac...
A) it sucks to work with 2 different size monitors. B) you can't put your secondary monitor on the right side of the iMac because the superdrive is on the side.
Exactly. And ..... what's that? we'd have a NORMAL computer? *gasp*
Sound cards are purchased by consumers ALL the time. Fact is on-board audio sucks. There have been a few high end motherboards that have shipped with decent sound cards, but most suck. I guess i'm guessing, but I feel a lot more sound cards are sold than people realize. Hell that's all creative did for years and years. Their mp3 players don't sell, so they must be surviving off of sound cards. Video importing, a lot more users are doing this now days than ever before....
And choice of LCD, And faster cpu, and cheaper / faster desktop ram, and graphic card expandibility and sound card expandibility. The Mac II is a horrible example. There was very VERY few expansion cards available at that time. What is a good example... the 9600 / clone days. These came with 5 pci slots. Hell I have every one of my slots full in my Umax s900 (9600 clone). Ata card, sound card, usb 2.0 card, firewire card, graphics card. Course I don't use it any more. A...
Just thought you MAY want to know that the graphics was upgraded. From xlr8yourmac.com "installed Boot Camp and Windows XP SP2, saw that the video card (mine has 128MB video RAM) is set to 419Mhz Core and 445Mhz memory - in the previous (15in) model it was about 300/300, which was pretty awful compared to other laptops using the x1600. (The 17in model was reported to have much higher X1600 clocks than the original 15in model, although he mentioned the speeds vary (system...
Normal consumers don't split hairs like that. The Mac Mini is close enough in price to the sub 500 level (used to be 499.99), that MANY consider this apple competing in the sub 500 market. Others (yourself included), feel the Mac Mini is an SFF computer and is kind of in it's own market. No matter how you slice it, It's considered Apple's budget computer. Some may look at this as a pc with an OS X tax. In the end all that matters is this machine is considered the bottom of...
I don't think people think apple got to where they are because of dumb luck. It was WISE to trim the product line and to start with few options. It was necessary to rebuild the company. It was a streamlined business decision. The problem with this decision is it doesn't compensate high growth. From the DirectTV commercial "CHOICES JERRY, PEOPLE WANT CHOICES". We have presented many people that want at least another choice. As someone stated earlier, it's impossible to...
Preach on! I feel so out of place trying to decide between an iMac and a Mac Pro. Neither is what I want, so it makes choice even more difficult. I think for now I'm going to have to live with a Mac Pro because there REALLY hasn't been any news about newer towers coming out. Guess you get what you get. However, if an xMac comes out a few days after I buy my REFURB or EDU or DEV Mac Pro... then I'll sell it and get an xMac. Because that is what I want. I loved someone's...