or Connect

Posts by emig647

Just thought you MAY want to know that the graphics was upgraded. From xlr8yourmac.com "installed Boot Camp and Windows XP SP2, saw that the video card (mine has 128MB video RAM) is set to 419Mhz Core and 445Mhz memory - in the previous (15in) model it was about 300/300, which was pretty awful compared to other laptops using the x1600. (The 17in model was reported to have much higher X1600 clocks than the original 15in model, although he mentioned the speeds vary (system...
Normal consumers don't split hairs like that. The Mac Mini is close enough in price to the sub 500 level (used to be 499.99), that MANY consider this apple competing in the sub 500 market. Others (yourself included), feel the Mac Mini is an SFF computer and is kind of in it's own market. No matter how you slice it, It's considered Apple's budget computer. Some may look at this as a pc with an OS X tax. In the end all that matters is this machine is considered the bottom of...
I don't think people think apple got to where they are because of dumb luck. It was WISE to trim the product line and to start with few options. It was necessary to rebuild the company. It was a streamlined business decision. The problem with this decision is it doesn't compensate high growth. From the DirectTV commercial "CHOICES JERRY, PEOPLE WANT CHOICES". We have presented many people that want at least another choice. As someone stated earlier, it's impossible to...
Preach on! I feel so out of place trying to decide between an iMac and a Mac Pro. Neither is what I want, so it makes choice even more difficult. I think for now I'm going to have to live with a Mac Pro because there REALLY hasn't been any news about newer towers coming out. Guess you get what you get. However, if an xMac comes out a few days after I buy my REFURB or EDU or DEV Mac Pro... then I'll sell it and get an xMac. Because that is what I want. I loved someone's...
Agreed. I vote for TenoBell to be our spokes person...
Oh yah, it has to run OS X
Here is a solution that would satisfy SO many people's hunger. Maximum PC seems to be haters on macs. Not because they hate OS X, just because they can't build their own. There are a ton of hobbyists out there (including myself) that would kill to make their OWN mac with their OWN case. What if Apple had a list of certified parts. Maybe Apple branded mobos. Apple certified graphic cards. From there a user could purchase these parts and stick them in any case they so...
What i'm requesting is pretty vague. And it fits almost any bill. I don't care about price as long as it's sub $2k. I want a conroe. And I want it to be some sort of tower with BTO graphics. Sounds like a pretty standard pc to me.
You're not factoring that people may be buying that mac because they didn't want either the mac pro or iMac before. There ARE people out there that feel strong enough against AIO's they will never buy one.. EVER. And the Mac Pro is so expensive it is out of reach for them as well. Apple used to always have a $1500 desktop, until the g5. Then it disappeared. If users want this, why not give it to them. I have seen it all over the place. People WANT another choice for a...
We are asking for one more computer, not 10.If you read a little closer you'll see that I could tell during editing video, but that wasn't even the point. I HAVE to run dual monitors for my work. I run my secondary monitor on the right. This is how I work. I CAN NOT run a secondary monitor on the right of the iMac. There is a dvd burner that is in the way. But besides this, you are using your grandmother in this example. This machine wouldn't be for grandmothers or joe...