or Connect

Posts by emig647

Yes, few people need 4 or 8 cores, but with kentsfield coming out soon, we'll have 4 cores in 1 chip. Even though I'm open to the enclosure design, I hope it's at least bigger than a macmini with SOME upgradeability.
The main apps that a conroe outperforms a woodcrest are instruction intense that requires a lot of memory reads memory writes from the cpu. Check out this article from anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2832 I'm not too worried about the gpu, but i'd DEFINITELY like something more than integrated graphics and preferably 256bit. 384bit GPUs are on the verge of coming out (next few weeks)... and we're still using intel's integrated graphics in the mac...
I was referring to my Samsung 205bw... btw it's 6ms... typo on my part.
Merom Vs. Conroe: Ram type and front side bus (which are obviously going hand in hand). Merom fsb is 667 mhz. Conroe is 1066mhz. Conroe can clock much higher than Merom: 2.33ghz vs. 2.9ghz. Yes the ram that apple uses is slower than most ram... because it's laptop memory in all of their computers EXCEPT the Mac Pro. First off, I can tell a difference between 14ms and 5ms when dragging windows and editing video. But that wasn't even the point. The point was, with an AIO you...
TenoBell, I think your'e RIGHT on the money of what they should offer. I've been saying it for months... A conroe smaller desktop of the Mac Pro. The Mac Pro ISSSS moving in a direction a lot of consumers / pro-sumers don't want to go. I don't need 4 cores or 8 cores. A dual CONROE (NOT MEROM) is good enough for me. Another thing I hate about the MacPro is the slow ram. FBDimms are required for use with the Xeon processors no matter how you slice it. Anandtech did...
Well I know it's not all macbooks that do this. My friend used to be a die hard windows user. He bought a macbook about the time they came out (white). He claims he hasn't had any problems. I think apple's QA needs to get a little tougher. I was involved in the start of a class action lawsuit against apple for their fault motherboards in the aluminum 15" powerbooks. Lower memory slots burn out during upgrades of os x. NOW my powerbook only has 1 memory slot. I'm kinda...
The whole point of this is so you DON'T have to reboot. Actually, that isn't the whole point but part of it. The point is... you put your home directory on the iPod. Connect the iPod, login and BAM... all of your settings, preferences, mail accounts are there! All of hte files that have to do with YOU as a user are there on any computer you go to. This isn't a new os we are talking about here... it's a portable user. This is awesome. This is how it used to be back in the...
Very interesting... went from 16x to 32x pretty quickly IMO. I didn't realize the lane was the bottleneck. I thought the gpu was the main bottleneck at this point... though it doesn't hurt to stay ahead of technology.
Wow!!! As a webdeveloper that makes me extremely happy that adobe is booting imageready for fireworks! I've used fireworks since 1998. I've always loved it. I think it's much more intuitive and more powerful than imageready. I'll definitely welcome an intel native version. Now I see the light on Macromedia being purchased... kill flash and I'll be one happy dev.
They are trying to pull an apple... Tell everyone they won't be releasing till 2nd quarter than surprising everyone in the 1st quarter... much like apple did with intel comps. We'll see. They are definitely welcome to release it earlier than expected!