or Connect

Posts by emig647

Um yah duh, quartz extreme and quartz are the same framework, just different functions within that framework.
Quartz and Quartz Extreme are the same library from an objective-c standpoint. Do yourself a favor. Open up XCode. Go to help->documentation. Type in Core Image. The first two lines on the first page are.... Framework\t Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework Header file directories\tLibrary/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Headers Err this page is probably online too. But this page is similar...http://developer.apple.com/documenta...age_intro.html You can not...
Read the developer docs I posted above. the Quartz classes / objects are parents to core image.
You are 100% wrong on that one. The most basic drawing functions use Quartz Extreme for output. Core Video and Core Image BOTH use the Quartz Extreme library from apple's website: http://developer.apple.com/documenta...424-TP30000559 at the bottom of the above url...I may have been wrong about Quartz 2d Extreme being enabled, but I know for a fact that core image uses quartz extreme libraries. Been working with it for quite some time. You can revert to the parent object's...
I'm pretty sure Quartz 2d Extreme was enabled with tiger. You needed to meet the minimum video card requirements for it though. You know that splash effect you get when drop your widgets in your dashboard??? That's q2e. If you don't meet the minimum requirements for it, it is then disabled. I think a nvidia 5200 / ati 9600 is the absolute lowest you can go on the cards for it to be enabled. While I was at wwdc 04 apple was pushing q2e extremely hard. I seriously doubt they...
Most of the bugs that are reported, are reported in house. Apple has a very large and very good QA team. The main reason they pre-release these builds is for last minute checking on the bug fixes and to develop software for the new OS. Do you really think people would PAY apple 500 dollars just to test their OS for them? Ok well maybe some people do. But most REAL QA testers make 65-120k a year. Apple doesn't rely on distributing their builds to developers for...
... I was thinking..... Mac Pro doesn't really offer much expandability either. Only has pci-express slots, and there really aren't any pci-express expansion cards.... especially for mac. With pci-express 2.0 coming out soon, it makes me nervous there won't ever be any pci-express 1.0 cards.
And the point that you are missing is a majority of the users out there are USED to the non-AIO enclosures. Ugh I don't want to type this out already because I have fiber glass all over my hands...Ask any computer sales man out there (I've been there). One of the first questions people as is about expandability. Most don't use it, but it's still something people want to feel cozy with. These joe users that ask this question feel they are getting jipped with an AIO. Mac...
A) it sucks to work with 2 different size monitors. B) you can't put your secondary monitor on the right side of the iMac because the superdrive is on the side.
Exactly. And ..... what's that? we'd have a NORMAL computer? *gasp*