or Connect

Posts by emig647

Agreed. I vote for TenoBell to be our spokes person...
Oh yah, it has to run OS X
Here is a solution that would satisfy SO many people's hunger. Maximum PC seems to be haters on macs. Not because they hate OS X, just because they can't build their own. There are a ton of hobbyists out there (including myself) that would kill to make their OWN mac with their OWN case. What if Apple had a list of certified parts. Maybe Apple branded mobos. Apple certified graphic cards. From there a user could purchase these parts and stick them in any case they so...
What i'm requesting is pretty vague. And it fits almost any bill. I don't care about price as long as it's sub $2k. I want a conroe. And I want it to be some sort of tower with BTO graphics. Sounds like a pretty standard pc to me.
You're not factoring that people may be buying that mac because they didn't want either the mac pro or iMac before. There ARE people out there that feel strong enough against AIO's they will never buy one.. EVER. And the Mac Pro is so expensive it is out of reach for them as well. Apple used to always have a $1500 desktop, until the g5. Then it disappeared. If users want this, why not give it to them. I have seen it all over the place. People WANT another choice for a...
We are asking for one more computer, not 10.If you read a little closer you'll see that I could tell during editing video, but that wasn't even the point. I HAVE to run dual monitors for my work. I run my secondary monitor on the right. This is how I work. I CAN NOT run a secondary monitor on the right of the iMac. There is a dvd burner that is in the way. But besides this, you are using your grandmother in this example. This machine wouldn't be for grandmothers or joe...
I don't believe that was the main reason apple went with merom over conroe. A) They would have had to design a new motherboard / chipset to use conroe in the existing models. Merom was a drop in replacement. B) The heat / noise issue doesn't mean much. Conroe can actually be ran with JUST a heatsink and NO fan. Maximum PC did some tests and found that the conroe under full load for 4 hours would only raise a degree or 2. Granted the iMac doesn't have the best enclosure...
Yes, few people need 4 or 8 cores, but with kentsfield coming out soon, we'll have 4 cores in 1 chip. Even though I'm open to the enclosure design, I hope it's at least bigger than a macmini with SOME upgradeability.
The main apps that a conroe outperforms a woodcrest are instruction intense that requires a lot of memory reads memory writes from the cpu. Check out this article from anandtech: http://www.anandtech.com/printarticle.aspx?i=2832 I'm not too worried about the gpu, but i'd DEFINITELY like something more than integrated graphics and preferably 256bit. 384bit GPUs are on the verge of coming out (next few weeks)... and we're still using intel's integrated graphics in the mac...
I was referring to my Samsung 205bw... btw it's 6ms... typo on my part.