or Connect

Posts by LarryA

Here's why this seems like bad news to me: 1) it confirms the reasoning of conspiracy theorists who always ascribe profit motives as to why phone x cannot do y instead of thinking about technological and performance limitations. 2) people (ok, I can only speak for myself) don't replace appliances like they do phones, especially subsidized phones. Yes, 4-years is completely appropriate, even generous, for phone support, but this is not a phone that I plan on replacing...
Did you actually read the Reuters article? They got 15M by taking 6% of the census population of 250M. The error range of 5.2% is almost the magnitude of the 6% they're reporting. This is a meaningless result.
Yes - did I read it right? 6% of Americans plan to purchase +/-2.6%? The projection is barely above noise level, although even if only 3.4% want them, it's still a lot of watches.
I made no assertion.
Please explain how the government creates monopolies. Are you saying that lack of regulation created an environment where growth and market dominance were no longer kept in check?
Your points are well considered and valid; however, the original question was, what could Apple possibly do better under the constraints that exist for everyone in this space, and I produced an example of a shipping product with better battery life (my two links showed 2-3 days' battery life), GPS, better waterproofing, and an always-on screen. I agree, aesthetically it isn't as nice, and as with everything Android, it's rough around the edges, but the question wasn't...
Did I say "heavy use", or are you trying to put words in my mouth? None of the Apple watch reviews I've seen state "EXACTLY everything" that he or she did, but I suspect you found the story on your own and are trying to preemptively disqualify it. Here's the link in case you didn't find it - try using a search tool next time you declare "all of them": Sony Smartwatch 3 review: great design, good screen and decent ... P.S. - You're right about one thing - the byline...
I have been saying the same thing. It's like Apple hired the designers of BopIt!See Sony Smartwatch 3: 2 days' battery life (though the reviewer got 3), always on color LCD (they just turn the backlight on when you raise it), waterproof (IP68), and GPS. Of course it also does all the notification stuff.I'll tell you one thing, if someone ever does find a compelling problem for these things to solve, Apple could start losing iPhone sales as people actually follow the smart...
Took 8 pages of comments to get here. Thank you!
My thoughts exactly. We don't need hollow victories based on spin. The results are mixed, at best. I see 1080p and fill performance exceeding that of iPhone 6.