or Connect

Posts by superdx

Touch ID fade seems to affect the outer tips of the finger. If I use the center part of my thumb, or even slightly below then Touch ID works every time. The weather here tends to go from humid cold to dry cold in just a day, so skin tends to endure some punishment.
Samsung innovation, jurors take Note (tm) 3
Nothing really even to do with Office or Surface, but have try a desktop app on a 10" screen. You can't do anything. The ribbon takes up a huge part of the screen. You can hide the ribbon but then you end up with no controls, and end up having to hover over the ribbon all the time to bring it back up. All you can think of when you use Surface Office is... I can't wait to get back to a desktop. It's aggravating to get any real work done on it. iWork is a bit better for...
omg, and I thought the commercial looked really cool, I never saw this iPhone ad!
Who lines up for a bigger spec phone? Oooh ten cores and S-Pen (what?)
While I'm no Blackberry fan, the argument about profits and cash reserves are what they said about them, and it's not turning out well. Here's hoping that Q4 brings some Apple surprises and 2014 or 2015 brings a new category of Apple innovation. The new Apple team needs to prove itself in a big way the more it releases rehashes of existing product lines
The Nexus 7, while not a blockbuster, was extremely popular. It sold more than any other Android tablet at the time. I'm not sure it can be accurately called a failure, since it did make a (tiny) profit. But yes, just like Tim Cook said, even mine is not being used, and it's collecting dust in a cabinet somewhere. Android still hasn't gotten the tablet interface right and there are no apps built for the form factor. Plus, 16:9 is an *awful* resolution for a tablet. Much...
XP is like a free OS in China. They don't even bother with Windows 7, XP runs everything and works with all the cheap USB junk. It's not like there's new hardware coming out that actually needs Windows 7 or 8 either. And corporations are usually on XP because all the shitty "enterprise" software can never be upgraded to Windows 7 without massive rewriting and cost, so they just leave it be.
If you have sudo / root access already... Why are you messing with the system clock? You can already create another admin user or edit the sudoers list and create a user with full root permission. You can even do neat things like create private keys and backdoors for later use, and hide them from even the root user which would allow you later access. This vulnerability is pretty dumb. And limited in scope. And doesn't even provide short term advantages.
Video conferencing on Android devices simply don't work right. You have to have the app installed, accounts setup and credit cards all setup before you can make calls, and even then the quality is questionable. The best universal app is Skype, and video over 3G can be downright terrible. Also, not every Android phone has a front facing camera believe it not!