or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

I've been a software engineer for years and I know and have worked with many others in my field. I think software should receive additional protection through patents. Others I know are 100% against software patents. I also think software should be monetized - if you create a new algorithm you should get compensated. Others I know think software should all be open and free and you should never have to pay for something like Office. Most engineers I know think the way I...
 Samsung sold 200 millions Galaxy variants since they first launched. Over the same time frame Apple sold 430 million iPhones. It's not even close. The only reason Samsung can show such "big numbers" for "smartphones" is they include a lot of junk in that 82 million phones they sold. The GS4 only sold about 12-15 million last quarter (according to Samsung), the Note sells far less. So what makes up the other 50-60 million "smartphones" Samsung says they sold?
A few more things.   - If you're a student MS will give you a 4 year subscription for $79. Or $19.75 per year. That's a bargain. - Office 365 includes Outlook, Access (a biggie) and Publisher (not so much). You also get 60 minutes of Skype per month and the extra 20GB OneDrive for all 5 users (100GB free online storage is a big deal for me as well). - If I buy a version of Office for home it doesn't come with Outlook, Access, Publisher, OneDrive or Skype.
I have an Office 365 subscription. I think it's a great idea. $99 a year for all my family is, IMO, a deal. However, the $70 for one user is too much.I've got hundreds of documents from 30 years ago created on Wordstar and WordPerfect. I don't have any difficulty accessing them. It took me less than an hour to code a program to read the files, strip out un-needed data and even convert popular formatting codes/commands to modern equivalents.To claim a typewriter would have...
No news here. When Apple gets to the appeal, that's when things will count. Of course Cote isn't going to dismiss the case, and Apple knew this. But they have to file the paperwork anyway.
[QUOTE]but our loyal customer must become vocal advocates[/QUOTE]   Since Samsung has to pay bloggers to be "vocal advocates", does that mean their plan to get loyal customers to do this for them for free backfired?
 Exactly. So to say Apple is cooperating implies Apple is caving in to Bromwich when in fact his scope was significantly narrowed (which is what Apple really wanted).
 EXACTLY. You haven't used something yet you can still post an opinion about how good it is compared to others, then hide behind the "I thought we were talking about Office Mobile). Numerous people pointed this out to you - nobody believes that's what you were talking about, or that you didn't understand what people were actually talking about. The very definition of a troll.
Sounds like DED got under his skin. Even when Groklaw called out Mueller by name he never "struck back". He would only say something like "another blog made the statement that......" and proceed to calmly explain his opinion.Doesn't sound too professional to complain about DED so many times - better to just ignore him. Now he looks childish as well.
Bull. The thread was about Office 365, not mobile. And I was the one who brought up the 27MB size of Office Mobile and compared it to the almost 900MB size of Office for iPad and posed the question about whether there was feature parity between two Apps of such wildly different sizes.But we can clear this up right away. Office for iPad is superior to ALL suites available for Android. Better than your list, better than Quickoffice and better than Kingoffice.