or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Which is why Brillo is a stupid idea. I'm seriously wondering WTH Google was thinking when they created this. Why re-invent the wheel?
Complete waste of time. If you want a highly secure and reliable OS you'd pick QNX. And if you're going really small (embedded microcontrollers), then there's a wide range of OSes and tools to use. Why exactly do we need yet ANOTHER embedded OS?   Oh right, so Google can have another source of information to mine.
 I wouldn't be so quick to label Microsoft a dinosaur. They brought Office to iOS (then Android). They have a great subscription service with Office 365. Windows 10 looks pretty good so far, and it appears it will be free for most people. Their new browser also looks good.I think Microsoft with Nadella running things still has a lot of potential. BB has underlying security technology that would be more valuable than their handset business. And they also have QNX, which is...
Sorry, no. Tokenization has been around for some time, but not in the way Apple does it.Why do people like you (trolls) always try to make a piece of technology black and white (you either have A or you don't) to imply that there's nothng new or improve with one version over the other?Google Wallet uses tokenization, but it's inferior to Apple Pay tokenization. Android has device encryption, but it's inferior to Apples hardware encryption. Samsung has 64bit ARMv8...
That's not what I said. There's a difference between having APIs available to a developer to use features, and a developer having access to the actual source code for the OS.There's no public specification for Apples Secure Enclave. In fact, reading articles about Apple encryption this becomes very clear. While many understand the basic concepts, it quickly turns into a "we don't know how A or B works, but we have an idea" situation.It will always be easier to exploit a...
The TrustZone that had a vulnerability discovered and had to be patched?https://www.blackhat.com/docs/us-14/materials/us-14-Rosenberg-Reflections-On-Trusting-TrustZone-WP.pdfhttp://www.droid-life.com/2014/08/08/qualcomm-issues-statement-on-dan-rosenbergs-trustzone-vulernability/Here's an earlier success getting into TrustZone to unlock a device.http://blog.azimuthsecurity.com/2013/04/unlocking-motorola-bootloader.htmlSamsung also uses TrustZone with KNOX, and we all know...
Another issue is how does Google securely store fingerprint data? Apple has the Secure Enclave (which also performs other functions besides Touch ID, such as encryption). This is a custom piece of hardware inside their processors.   The only way Google could make this work properly is if they designed some sort of hardware standard that companies like Qualcomm, Samsung, Mediatek and other ARM processor builders would follow and add to their own processors. This way they...
Hmmm.   Google publishes the source code for Android so OEMs can take it and get it working on their devices.   I wonder how many people are going to start looking at the source for fingerprint scanning to look for ways to capture users prints? Unless Google puts this in Google Play Services (which means OEMs using AOSP won't get this feature).
She should have went to work for Google instead.
Damn. I was planning on getting a MacBook Pro last week when the rumors of a new one came out. So to my surprise, the rumor was right. Then the price increase.