or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Waaaaaiiiiiit a second. I thought the Apple Watch was a failure? What's with all the posters talking about their orders being processed? Must be Apple fanboys¡
 I don't think they'd use any smartphone at all. Long before we had smartphones organized criminals or terrorists had no troubles communicating. Either behind closed doors or by using simple pre-arranged terms when talking on any phone (which they assumed would be recorded). I think they'd use burner phones they picked up at 7-11 for simple communication, and anything that was truly sensitive would simply be passed along in person.
Who cares about celebrities wearing the Apple Watch. . . . . . Didn't anyone see the new Star Wars trailer?
Ignorant of production planning? Why does Apple have to change fabs at the last minute?Most likely is Apple had both TSMC and Samsung/GF fabbing the A9 and have been monitoring yields for months now. After seeing the results they made a decision as to production spit. So Apple can make a last minute decision based on months of planning/production/testing.
 If you want to do business there, you have to play by their rules. A lot of people don't like the US patent system (and think the European one is superior), but if companies want to do business in the US they abide by US rules. No point in complaining about it. Unless you think that every country in the world should align their laws so that everything from patents to copyright to antitrust to taxes is the same no matter where you go.  However, I was surprised by this....
 He can't. Samsung USED to provide these numbers, but they stopped after the dismal failure that was the GS5 and Note 4.
Don't forget the time Samsung announced 9 million per-orders for the GS3, then announced 10 million sales in under 2 months (55 days). So I gues it took 54 days to sell the other 1 million after the first 9 million were pre-orders?This idiot doesn't understand the difference between customers purchasing a device and retailers placing stock orders. Obviously that 9 million was stock purchases which were spread out over 55 days of actual customer sales. But it sure looks...
Regardless of all the rumors and speculation about what the logo and tagline mean, we are still faced with one undeniable fact about this summer:   All we'll hear about from WWDC on are news articles about Apple/iOS/iPhone. This will continue all summer long starting with the iOS 9 Beta releases followed by the "leaked" images of the next iPhone. Apple will dominate tech news for several months up until the iPhone actually gets released. Followed by even more articles....
I said this after IBM/Apple announced their Enterprise partnership - just wait until they bring Watson into the picture. This is a good start. Imagine in the future where Siri is connected to Watson for various industries. If you're a doctor (for example) you can query Watson on a medical condition or symptom. IBM/Apple could charge a subscription for professional to access specific markets they bring Watson into.
Except the Macbook runs a real OS (not some crappy browser based Apps). And though many won't run Photoshop (or other more powerful software or even games) at least they have the option to. No such option with a Chromebook.