or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

The Nvidia Denver K1 is a complete joke of a processor compared to the A8X. Nvidia - over promise and under deliver. I alluded to this before, but let me expand and explain why the A8X is so damn impressive.   - The Denver K1 has HUGE caches. 128KB/64KB L1 and 2MB L2. A8X has 64KB/64KB L1 and 2MB L2. However, the K1 also has a 128MB (yes, MB) instruction cache. Advantage K1. - The Denver K1 is 7-wide. The A8X (and A7/A8) are 6-wide. Advantage K1. - The K1 is clocked at...
Boy are the haters raging tonight. They just can't stand the fact that Apple designs the best ARM processors in the world. 
 Apparently the Denver K1 scores 1900 single and 3250 multi running at 2.5GHz. So it has a 66% faster clock speed yet only manages to score 5.5% better than the A8 does. Now when you look at all the yapping Nvidia (and their legion of fanboys - some on this site) have done about the larger cache sizes of the K1, the fact it's 7-way superscalar (vs 6-way for the A8) and how it's supposed to optimize instructions on the fly (ala Transmeta) to improve performance it suddenly...
 I can't wait to load up some Auria projects and pile on the effects to see how it keeps up.
When will Apple/IBM partner up with Watson to take Siri to a whole other level?
Like I and many others predicted, Samsung is going to have a TERRIBLE end to this year. The only advantage they had over Apple was building a large phone for people who value screen size above all else. Now that advantage has been wiped out.   I wonder how this will affect HTC or LG?
 I don't see that happening simply because you could potentially have dozens (or more) "token cards" attached to your account. Right now there's only one device ID (for your phone) and tokens for each of the cards. Imagine how complex it would be to store that many more "card" numbers and reference them to a specific website? Countless websites already rely on third party processors to perform this for them. I could see these third party processors working with Apple to...
 This cannot be stated enough. You can't be phished for your Apple Pay credentials through any online scam. Nor can you lose your credentials if someone is "monitoring" the networks and trying to intercept your transaction (whether it's at the NFC terminal itself or through the connection from the POS terminal to the bank). Even the more sophisticated hackers who "modify" POS terminals (as has happened here in Vancouver) can't get any useful data.
 Force is not a good word. Why does Apple need to re-invent the wheel? EMVco has been dealing with online transactions and security forever. It doesn't make sense that they would use an outside developed system from a company with very little transaction processing experience. http://www.emvco.com/specifications.aspx?id=263 Read this specification on EMVco tokenization. Especially the part about where tokens come from and compare their graphic/description to the one above...
I don't think so, but I'd like to see that link.EMVco only published their tokenization specification in May of this year. Apple is using that system. Apple is big, but not big enough to force the big banks and CC companies to adopt their system.Visa, for example, is saying their token service works with Apple Pay now and Android in the future. If it was truly Apples system then I doubt they'd be allowing Visa to let Android devices also use it.