or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Curious what your opinion is on Tesla (it's no secret I don't like them at all). I'm intimately familiar with BMW electronics and your car would be far more advanced than any Tesla in so many regards (depending on what options you have). BMW is like Apple - lots of technology going on underneath but they never really advertise it or talk about it. Where other manufacturers would list them all so they could show a huge long list of check marks.
 Yes. But that's only one part of their business. From my end they are known more as a supplier of components/modules to vehicle manufacturers. Not as well known in the public as someone like Bosch or Valeo, but still significant. Dunlop is another company that makes a lot of automotive components but is mainly known for tires.
That's like asking what's the difference between brushing paint on metal and electroplating metal. This is more like electroplating.Thank you Mr. Engineer for explaining this to us.
 I had to go check it out after I read this. Here I thought it was just an App to make fart sounds. Then I found out you can put your iPhone somewhere and send a remote fart to play on it. My kids are going to be begging me to get this one. At least that's what I'll tell people the first time I set it off.
And in the background a Wells Fargo billboard promoting Apple Pay. This is a brilliant marketing campaign. Nothing like throwing cold water all over the GS6 launch and keeping the iPhone 6 in people's minds after the previous blockbuster quarter.
That's what you get for using software based encryption (Android) instead of hardware (Apple).   Funny that Apple has had on-device hardware encryption since the 3GS. How many years ago did that phone come out?
 No, they'll buy the Samsung anyway. The only reason they whine online about SD cards and batteries is because the iPhone lacks them. It gives them another check mark on their "dealbreaker must have feature lists". Then they'll turn around and lie online they bought something else besides the S6 so they won't look like hypocrites.
Lots of love for British Columbia, Canada. I saw three shots on Apple's page from my backyard. :)
Has nobody here ever swiped a chip/PIN card to see what happens?   If you attempt to swipe a card that has a chip/PIN, and the terminal supports chip/PIN, then the terminal will immediately prompt you that swipe is not allowed and you MUST insert your chip. If the terminal is an older style WITHOUT chip/PIN, then you can still swipe a newer chip/PIN card.   If you have a chip/PIN card number loaded into LoopPay, and you wave your Samsung phone in front of a newer...
Apple would need to allow the Apple Watch to interface DIRECTLY with the vehicle through their existing systems. Remote unlocking via smartphone is handy for certain situations, but keyless entry needs to be instant. Nobody is going to wait around their car waiting for a signal from your watch/phone to a central server and then down to your car to open your doors. Even if it only took a couple seconds, that's still too long.   I think it would be very difficult to...