or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Why don't you tell us how you really feel? BTW, I agree. It's getting so ridiculous that you can't even have a discussion online anywhere before the thread gets derailed by a bunch of Apple haters who will claim if Apple fanboys stop hijacking their threads they'll also stop (as a way to justify their trolling).
Of course it's the collapse of high-end phones that caused Samsung profit to plummet. Look at the Note 4. Samsung has been silent. When the Note 2 & 3 hit milestones (like 5 or 10 million) Samsung always issued a press release. Same for their Galaxy S Series. Not so with the Note 4. I wonder why Samsung doesn't want to provide the numbers? Probably sales are low - really low, despite all the Android nerds online who ALL claim to have the Note 4.
In reading through all the various forums I was expecting a rash of hate and countless comments bashing Apple. I'm surprised at how calm things are.   I have to wonder if Apple did so damn good that they are in utter shock and don't really know what to say? What other reason could there be for all the haters to be so quiet today (relatively speaking)?
Any NFC mobile payment would work. However, there are two key differences.First off, only Apple Pay is going to get promoted since nobody cares about Softcard or Google Wallet. Secondly, they're also doing promotions and giveaways.
Sounds good. Samsung is very good at mass producing processors. Too bad they're no good at designing their own processors.
This kind of sounds like Google with regards to patents.   Anyone remember their stance on patents that they consider a "de facto standard"? Basically if I invent something, and it becomes popular, then the patents should be made SEP's even if I, as the owner, don't want to declare them as part of a standard.
So you can't see the difference between ASKING for BBM to come to other platforms and a company being FORCED to bring it to that platform?Am I even surprised you'd make such a comment?
Awesome. I held off on 8 because 7 was working fine for me. To get 10 for free is fantastic.
 From the article you linked: "Although none of the major chip analysts have actual numbers, due to the difficulty of tracking so many phones on the market, all you have to do is look at the list of phones in the Wikipedia entry for Snapdragon, Qualcomm's brand of ARM-based processors, to see how ubiquitous Qualcomm is." You have sources with actual concrete numbers? Or something newer (that article is 18 months old).  Edited: Here's a link showing Mediatek alone shipped...
 I don't buy that 80% figure. If you look at the gazillion sub $100 Android devices being sold, I never see a Qualcomm processor inside. It'a always something like Mediatek. I'd say Qualcomm has almost 100% of high-end Android devices.