or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

They must have a film crew on-site for the inevitable special on Discovery.
Now, GG, we all know you have a clear understanding of how Google Play Services works. Yet this is the third time (by my count) that you made a blanket statement about GPS being able to provide security updates which you later backtracked on and qualified by admitting it can't update everything.   Since you know how GPS works, and you CONTINUE to post blanket statements that IMPLY that GPS is still providing support to older Android versions, then one can only assume you...
Except it's not true.Your original post stated: "The Android version itself is still supported..." This is false. It's Google services and features that sit on TOP of "Android itself" that get support on older devices. Then you follow it up with "including some security enhancements" which is what I've stated for the last couple years. Why do you continue to make a broad statement that's an outright lie, then follow it up with a "correction"? Why not just tell the truth in...
Apple should consider an update mechanism that can't possibly fix all potential problems?
Why do you keep posting this crap after I've clearly explained it to you in the past?Froyo (and up) devices DO NOT get all security updates. Google Play Services is not able to update MOST low level kernel components of Android, which requires Google to patch the source code, put it up for download, and users have to wait until the OEM incorporates the changed code and makes an update available. The last part is where support gets dropped, since OEMs rarely bother to...
Say what? The banks are the ONLY ones who see your purchases. The merchants and Apple don't.
But but but....the resident Google shills keep telling me that Google has Verify Apps to spot malware and misbehaving Apps.   And Android users keep telling me there is no malware problem with Android.   Why does Google keep fixing non-existent problems?
 Of course. How else can people continue to bash Jobs and Apple for years (everything from the iPad Mini to large screen phones) by taking things he said out of context?  On another note, did people miss the obvious here? The odds that two people share the same "rare" blood type are already low. The odds that two supermen from the same company (who both were fabulous CEOs) shared the same blood type must be astronomical.
 Oooooohhhhh, reality distortion meme. Shows you have nothing to actually contribute and lump everyone who disagrees with you into the same pot. Feel free to come back when you have an actual point to make instead of insulting everyone en masse.
54 million in a single quarter. And Samsung is expecting to sell 46 million of their S6/S6 Edge this year (over 3 quarters). And that's up from their original estimate of 38 million (that they increased due to better than expected demand from carriers).