or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

What difference does it make if their smartphones aren't selling? Companies are using Microsoft IP, so they want to get paid for it.
Really? And you have a source for that?
My God, that's a lot of money for a company that sells devices with a "toy" OS.
Nice version of a Touch ID sensor/ring on the back there. Worst place ever to put a fingerprint sensor. What about mobile payments? Turn your phone over to scan your fingerprint? And what about people who like cases? You're going to have a cutout for the sensor? Lame.   And how dare they make the Nexus 5X with only 16GB of storage.
Keeping mine - it's a no brainer.   Several co-workers are going to get it as well (even an Android user). I always play my For You lists at work and everyone is quite impressed with the music. I often get asked "who's that" to which I reply "I don't know - it's just what Apple cued up". They initially thought I had all this great music on my iPhone without realizing it was all picked by Apple and streamed.
Great timing Apple. Just when Google is going to have their Nexus/Android keynote this morning, remind everyone about data collection and privacy. :)
Except that every single tear down done to date shows a TSMC processor. I'd say that rumor is debunked, unless you can find a tear down with a Samsung processor.Surely with Samsung supplying 40% of the chips you'd think SOMEONE would have seen one by now.On the other hand, Chipworks discovered TSMC and Samsung A9 processors right away.
 Chipworks stated they found the two processors in two identical phones.
Apple must be expecting to sell a LOT of devices if they went with two suppliers.   It will be interesting to see their benchmarks for performance and power consumption. This could be the first actual device in history that's made on two competing processes at the same time. This would allow direct comparisons to see if there are any significant differences between the two. People automatically assume Samsung 14nm is superior to TSMC 16nm, but now we'll actually be able...
Apple pretty much confirmed that they've managed to increase production capacity.   They announced 40 more countries for Oct 9th with additional countries on the 10th and 16th as well (they'll be in 61 countries by the Oct 16th). Last year Apple had 81 countries by the end of the year. This year they plan on having 130 countries by year end. Seems pretty obvious that Apple has improved production, which is why they're able to roll out new countries at a rate much faster...