or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

This problem is nothing new, and content providers/advertisers have been dealing with it for 100+ years already without issue. The Internet is full of crap. It would be nice to cull off a large chunk of sites that don't really contribute anything. For example, I'm sick of doing a search for a specific topic, finding 1,000 sites in my results, and then seeing they are just reposts of the same original article/source. No new content, just the same thing repeated over and...
They can make money the old-fashioned way. If their site/content is good then they can make a deal with advertisers directly to sponsor their site. Just like magazines do (for example).Yes, you might lose a few good sites. But think how many garbage sites (like those that bash a company) will also disappear when they can no longer survive on hits generated by click-bait titles? Quality of content would go up when sites have to attract users through the material they present.
I was ball parking the land values. I looked at the corridor map, and the lots are worth much more than I said (more like your $4 million figure). All the more reason that CP Rail should refuse to sell to the City of Vancouver for the measly $20 million they offered to pay for it. I find it hilarious that the people along this very expensive corridor expect that ALL the taxpayers should foot the bill for piece of land that will benefit a small number of people.CP Rail owns...
 Her dad owned a bunch of real estate including a very old bank (old as in built in 1920 something). He basically sat on the property until he could develop it, and she lived in the bank for a couple years.  This brings me endless joy. Where I live seems to be the "nimby" capital of the world opposing anything and everything someone wants to build. There have been a few projects here that went ahead anyway, and it was great seeing these people with an overblown sense of...
Typical Apple and their attention to detail. Speaking of bank vaults, I dated a girl in university who lived in an old bank and put her bedroom in the vault.
 Seriously? It's an App called "If This Then That". You set up conditions and when those conditions occur it will perform some action for you.
Nothing, of course.Here's the most telling passage from the FBI: "attempt to reset 1,987 unique iCloud account passwords, approximately 4,980 times."Password resets are done through phishing, usually by answering questions. And based on these numbers, it appears they averaged about 2.5 attempts per account. So they were probably locked out for many of the accounts, but were successful on others.That idiot who posted the script on Github claimed you could brute force iCloud...
Off topic, but why hasn't AI run the story about the FBI releasing some details about the iCloud accounts that were compromised last year?   They released some numbers about accounts and attempts to access, and it basically proves iCloud wasn't hacked. Also shows that idiot who claimed to have a script that would allow unlimited attempts to hack iCloud was lying (you remember him, they guy who said his script "used to work, but Apple quickly patched it" when others who...
 Tell that to Andy Rubin, who e-mailed Eric Schmidt before the Android purchase:  When the purchase was made is irrelevant. Google knew before the purchase there was no agreement in place with Sun regarding Java. And as I stated before, Google is soon going to lose badly to Oracle when everything is finished. As it should be. Better for the software industry as a whole.
Agreed. Apple could offer a $50 iTunes credit for people who buy an iPhone and want to switch from Android. Split it 50:50 with the developers (Apple pays $25 for the cost of the Apps and the developers agree to knock 50% off regular price).Then during the conversion the user gets to decide which Apps they want to use the $50 for.