or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Since when is making fun of someone considered racism? Or are certain ethnic groups off limits for criticism?
That Jay-Z stunt with Samsung was a joke. The App was criticized for requiring excessive permissions and didn't work (or was slow) for many.   Meanwhile, Beyonce did an exclusive iTunes release of her album and set a record for 800,000 sales in 3 days.   We all know who's king if you want to do some sort of album promotion.
 There's one possible downside to the A8. The A7 is so damn good, that Apple could just make the A7 on a new process (20-22nm) which would offer an easy boost in performance through a clock speed bump and a reduction in power consumption. That coupled with Metal and other goodies in iOS 8 would still keep Apple ahead for one more year. Then drop the hammer with the A9 next year. I'm hoping Apple continues their cycle of a new A Series processor (A8) that again doubles...
Why are you trying to turn this into an "all or nothing" affair?It's not whether an App is available or not, it's what features get unlocked on an A7 equipped device that aren't available when running the same App on earlier devices.For example, djay 2 (who were the first to leverage 64bit code) can only do key detection and real time beat matching on a 5S. Of course the App runs on older devices, but they don't get these very useful features. Procreate is another one that...
 Don't forget Intrinsity for chip design, Anobit for flash controllers and Passif for low power semiconductors. I don't think any of them are laughing now. They're just lucky Apple doesn't sell their processors to other OEM's. Which reminds me of a strange dream I had the other day that Apple signed a deal with Microsoft to use A Series processors in their Windows Phones.
 Yes there are. Not a huge number, but there are 64bit Apps that can perform functions any A6 or earlier processor equipped device cannot. And that doesn't change the fact the A7 is the fastest, most advanced ARM processor out there. Of course it will take time to move to 64bit, but Apple will do this in record time (compared to Windows and even Mac OS). This fall Apple will likely no longer sell any 32bit devices (except perhaps in emerging markets) and developers will...
No, but I'll post the one that haters get upset about. The A7 processor - the worlds most advanced mobile ARM processor that's so far ahead of Samsung and Qualcomm that even one year later they're still behind. Even ARM's own high-end 64bit processor (the A57) is inferior to the A7, and it's not even shipping yet.NOBODY in mobile is even close to Apple in processor design.
 Never said that, so for the millionth time stop putting words in my mouth to use in your twisted logic. You knew exactly what I meant, but are being intentionally obtuse (like usual). I'll put it so a 5 year old can understand: Apple sues Samsung for copying IP and wins in court. Twice now. Then the loser trolls come out of the woodwork and say Apple is a hypocrite for suing Samsung when Apple has used ideas they didn't come up with (like notifications). The difference is...
Tesla is a lightweight if there ever was one. Compared to the big auto manufacturers (and the component suppliers like Bosch or Delphi), Tesla's patent portfolio is miniscule. They are also in financial difficulty and are starting to make desperate moves to stay relevant.   Someone should ask Musk to make available all the secret IP from SpaceX. Oh wait, he doesn't patent most of it. There's a very good reason for that too. Patents have two sides, but people only talk...
 Please. Where are the patents for those things you mentioned? If someone has a patent then I strongly encourage them to sue Apple and collect royalties.