or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Please. Anyone with an IQ over 60 knows this is about Apple in the tech world, not the ENTIRE world. Your comment tells me all I need to know.
 Say what? Flurry doesn't install "tracking software" into your phone. App developers include it with their Apps so they can capture data about how the App is being used. Similar to how App developers install crash detection and monitoring software to capture data when Apps crash to help with eliminating bugs. Lots of App developers use Flurry, and I'm quite sure if there was something going on (like Flurry is recording information about you) that it would have been picked...
 Now hold on. How many actually LIE about Android numbers? I've never seen an Android report that claimed they have more App revenue for developers or have higher usage in Enterprise (for example). The ONLY area they seem to win is in market share, and I have no doubt Android has a much greater market share than iOS due to the incredibly large number of $100 Android phones available around the world.
 Stop lying. You're not trying to "keep straight which analytics firms are considered credible". You're just looking for an excuse to troll. Flurry is far superior to clowns at places like IDC who simply fabricate numbers (since they have no actual access to real data). Flurry (like Chitika and others) actually monitors usage of devices in the real world. I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but for those that are ACTUALLY interested in how Flurry works, developers...
Including thieves who choose to blatantly steal and use RPX owned IP in their products?
 I read up on their business model on their website. It still doesn't answer my question. Why pay a subscription fee (which is their business model and method of earning revenues) to RPX to get access to their patents when you could just use them for FREE? Why pay for something that you can apparently use without fear of litigation?
 Then they are wimps. If you own a patent and someone is infringing, then you have every right both legally and morally to go after them for royalties. What you don't have a right to do is typical patent troll activities like filing lawsuits without first trying to negotiate in good faith, filing lawsuits without properly identifying which products infringe which patents (and providing a detailed analysis of how they infringe), sending demand letters hoping to get quick...
 From the article: "Rockstar's partners paid $4.5 billion for over 6,000 Nortel patents in 2011, divvying up 2,000 of the most important patents among themselves and leaving Rockstar to work out licensing deals for the remainder." I don't think they're losing any money/value from this deal. They got what they were most interested in and are recovering money from the ones they don't need.
About 2/3 of the iPhone users at work have upgraded (or are going to upgrade) to the 6/6+ with a pretty even split between the two sizes. The other 1/3rd are keeping their 5S (or upgrading to the 5S because they get Touch ID) because they like the size/style of that iPhone.   I think there's enough people out there who still want something smaller, but premium quality to make a 4" iPhone 6 feasible for Apple. I'm sure it would sell better than the 5C did. ;)
Well done.