or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Why are people wasting time responding to that troll JeffDenver? I've owned his a$$ countless times on BGR and now I see he's up to his usual tricks again. All he'll do is post a bunch of garbage and run away like the little coward he is. It's his MO.
The articles I've seen claim they can get past Activation Lock to get access to the phone, but the SIM still doesn't work. The reason the SIM doesn't work is because their fake servers don't have the ability to activate a device. Which means the phone is useless as it doesn't really work. If course they're claiming they'll have a fix for the SIM issue, but I have to wonder: what are all those people doing with iPhones that can't make phone calls or connect to any cellular...
 You missed my point completely. NFC claims that the distance provides the security. I'm saying that no signal transmitted wirelessly or wired is secure from being snooped. Saying NFC is secure because it works over a short distance is the same as saying a 100 metre cable is more secure than a 500 metre cable - both can be intercepted just as easily. Credit card fraud has entered the high-tech age. It used to be that you had to worry about the guy at the gas station...
Wrong as I described previously.There is absolutely no difference in security between NFC, WiFi, BT, your Internet connection or phone line (many stores still use phone lines to connect to the payment processor). They can ALL be snooped just as easily.NFC proponents point to the short distance of the signal as a means of providing security. This is 100% false. All it takes to snoop every single NFC transaction is a tiny antenna mounted on the back side of the POS terminal...
No. By using NFC Apple limits those 600 million iTunes accounts with credit cards down to a fraction of users that actually have the latest device (iPhone 6). You can't start a payment system that only works with a limited number of users. BT Low Energy and iBeacons is where it's at.
BTW, I'm pretty sure that 1.8 million is not all Enterprise users. There are a lot of regular consumers who activated KNOX for their own use. There are numerous forum posts from users wanting to know how to uninstall KNOX (or turn it off). We don't know how many "power users" use (or used) KNOX, nor do we know how many use it without really knowing what it's for.
I bet the creator of the architecture (ARM) was completely blindsided that Apple shipped a 64bit custom processor core that completely outclasses (and outperforms) their own designs (A53/A57) that haven't even been released yet.
Apple did, in fact, blindside the industry. Not only did it get Samsung to make the "me too" statement about their upcoming 64bit processor but it also caused that guy (forget his name) at Qualcomm to make a stupid statement that was later retracted. Further, it exposed countless blog writers for the idiots they are when they almost unanimously went on a rampage publishing countless articles calling Apple's move to 64bit nothing but "marketing" or bringing up the 4GB...
Yawn. As a builder of gaming PC's for many years I used to look forward to new processors from Intel to see what performance would bring. It used to be that each new version brought a significant performance increase and often necessitated in me upgrading my motherboard, CPU and RAM. Not anymore. Now all we get are minor improvements each year. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but Apple are now the premier processor designers. The A6 was pretty good but the A7...