or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

There's a difference between making a mistake and knowing the truth but intentionally misrepresenting it to favor your position.
Wrong. Apple DOES NOT make processors off ARM designs. This has been proven countless times in analysis of the A7. They make processors that run ARMv8 code, but they are 100% custom designed by Apple. AMD also makes custom processors that run x86 code. AMD doesn't use Intel designs.Qualcomm has a large chunk because they are pretty much the only player out there. That has nothing to do with how far behind they are. If Apple sold their A6 and A7 to other companies Qualcomm...
Always interesting to see who responds.Google Play Services could update security faults in higher level stuff (like Google Apps or API's in Google Play) but that's it. And since so many security holes are lower level there's no way they could be fixed. Now it appears Google has a way for Google Play Services to update lower level OS components.Which is EXACTLY what I've said all along.Don't be upset you were one of those who claimed otherwise and have now been proven...
Apple, ARM and Qualcomm are poaching talent? Based on how far behind ARM and Qualcomm are compared to Apple it looks like they didn't poach enough.
For a laugh, have a read through this thread:   http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/162893/new-android-rat-infects-google-play-apps-turning-phones-into-spyware-zombies   I have maintained all along (as well as a couple others) that Google Play Services cannot update all security flaws in Android. Yet several well known trolls here on AI claim I was wrong and that it does.   Now we find out at Google I/O that Google has expanded the capabilities of Google Play Services...
 This statement makes you a liar. You have posted several times in the past that Google Play Services updates Android where I stated that it did not as it could only update items within Apps themselves. Now Google has expanded Google Play Services to make it possible to make security updates as well. Basically, my prior statements regarding Google Play Services were correct and your were not. So, were you lying when you made those statements in the past? Or just ignorant?...
 I've asked you so many times before, can you please provide a link to Google's standard indemnification policy? Microsoft puts their policy right up on their website, and it's the same for everyone. Like I predicted above, you came in and talked about previously hidden contracts Google made with OEM's, which are all unique and different in what they cover. Just because Google made a deal with some companies, to indemnify them in certain circumstances does not mean they...
 Of course you'd come back with that response. Microsoft software runs on a gazillion different combinations of hardware, and it still gets indemnification. And Windows Mobile (which also gets some modifications like Android) is indemnified. It took almost a year before Microsoft was able to work out the terms for Mobile because of this. Google forces tight restrictions on Android OEM's. They can modify Android, but only within very specific limits. The reason Google won't...
 Thanks for digging that up. Now explain to me why Google Apps is covered, but Android is not. Think long and carefully about this. What good is using a company and its services when it selectively indemnifies what it offers? So if you use Google Apps on an Android device, are you actually protected by an indemnification policy? How do you determine which aspect of your complete business solution is actually indemnified, when there are different agreements between various...
 Are any government agencies stupid enough to use Google Apps?  Does Google indemnify anyone using their products (like Microsoft does)? Why no, they don't..........Waiting for GG to come in here and lie and make the claim they do, even though he has never been able to provide any sort of link to Google's official policy on this, and instead will link to a couple half-baked (and restrictive) agreements Google made with HTC and Samsung.