or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Wouldn't that make Digitimes a reliable source?http://youtu.be/cKUvKE3bQlY
Ah, Chuck Norris jokes..... Chuck Norris once downloaded an iOS App from Google Play. (or... Chuck Norris ordered a Big Mac from Burger King. And he got one.)
Quote: I clearly said "all these things (and others being proposed)". You accuse me of "carving out an oddly worded exception" then turn around yourself and do the same thing? Of course, what else would you expect from the resident concern troll with a proven track record of intentionally being obtuse in your posts? Here's what Rockstar does that's different from "real" patent trolls: - They have a staff of engineers that reverse engineer and examine products to look for...
That's similar to what the US is proposing with patent reform.There's nothing wrong with being an NPE - patents are assets and you have every right to monetize them. I wouldn't call IPcom a patent troll just because they are an NPE. They had a real patent and went through the courts to monetize it and lost.What defines a patent troll is someone who abuses the system. For example, seeking injunctions when you have no products the other party could also try to block. Or...
Further, since Jobs is gone he can't be brought in to clarify anything he said or wrote. This is why I was surprised his e-mails would even be allowed since nobody knows for sure EXACTLY what his thought process was or what he meant. To take this even further, there's nothing illegal about discussing ALL possible scenarios in order to come up with a final agreement that's legal (even though some ideas discussed might not have been).
 Target was a specific "targeted" attack (no pun intended) by a highly organized group of people. Until someone has concrete evidence that this exploit was actually used to gain access to a significant number of users credit cards or usernames/passwords I don't think there's anything to worry about. I change my passwords fairly regularly anyway, so changing a couple right now (like my bank and CC's) is all I feel I need to do. I'm not saying this isn't a serious issue -...
This was, by all accounts, the most serious breach in the history of computing. Therefore the fix should be the single greatest update ever done in the history of computing.   I wonder if as much attention will be paid to the fix as to the doomsayers claiming this was such huge security flaw?   What I really like is how many talk about how this was such a big deal, yet nobody can produce a list of all the victims. Where are they? Where are the countless people who have...
One thing to clarify. Google is addressing updates and fragmentation by moving API's and new features into Google Play Services. Many people assume (incorrectly) that their Android device will always be up-to-date. This is not true. While your "features" will get updates, you still have the issue of the core Android OS itself. This is where security comes into play. In order to perform many security updates you need to update the kernel. So you'll still have...
Cut the crap. You knew exactly what was meant by their post, just like any reasonable person would. You're just up to your usual trolling.
 Acer wouldn't spend millions of dollars tooling up and producing a phone if they didn't think they could sell it. I have a feeling that at the time this happened the language in their agreement was pretty vague about this type of situation and Acer felt they were abiding by the rules. Google contacted them and "reinforced" what the rules really mean, and Acer had to comply. I don't think you can blame Acer - unless you actually believe that a company that large would be...