or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

What exactly are you trying to say? That Steve is stubborn and refused to budge or that he was flaky and bounced all over the place? Or perhaps he looks at the entire product in the context of several factors and makes a statement that's really only relevant WHEN HE SAID IT and not years later?
 What a complete load of crap. Apple does in depth QA testing on all their products. Does that make them perfect? No. But they are the best out there.  Bull. See my explanation below. Quote: No, people are famous for taking something Jobs said, twisting it around and taking it out of context to make it appear he said something he really didn't just so they can turn around and use that false statement he "supposedly" made to have an excuse to bash him or make it appear...
I don't even sit down with my 5S in my pocket as I find it uncomfortable. Can't imagine how it would feel with a 6/6P.   To the commenter who said Apple will take flak over this - no way in hell. People make up all sorts of "tests" and "scenarios" to try and show Apple devices in a bad light. Does it affect their sales? No. Because most people are smart, and don't pay any attention to idiots like this guy posting a video just to capitalize on the number of hits he'll get...
Very good numbers. I think the reason it wasn't so much higher than the 9 million from last year is that it's only possible to move so many devices through a store. While many people are just cash & carry, there are also a lot of people doing upgrades. These take time to process especially for people renewing contracts.   I bet that Apple sells another 10 million before the month is out as demand is still high. Which is going to make their earnings call next month very...
 The reason the K1 has the larger caches is because it needs them in order to function (because of how it tries to optimize instructions on the fly). You cannot imply that Denver is somehow superior because it has a larger cache. A better way to put it would be if it had the same size cache as the A8 then it would take a serious performance hit. Denver REQUIRES larger caches just to simply function normally. And battery life is the big issue. While your development board...
Those are ARM processors using the A53/A57. Let me know when Samsung designs their own custom processor, which is what Apple did with the A7/A8.The Nvidia K1 is a custom 64bit processor. Qualcomm, who used to tweak ARM designs to improve them is now also falling back to using A53/A57 cores.
 Prove what, that you're a troll? You asked people to show you where Samsung stole 64bit technology. It's an impossible question to answer as Samsung is so far behind they don't even have one out yet. It's like asking someone to prove God doesn't exist. It's not possible, and it doesn't make you correct because nobody can show any proof. What we do know is that Samsung is a thief who steals IP from anyone they can. That's been their modus operandi long before the...
I don't usually respond to trolls I've blocked, but this comment is so stupid I couldn't resist.Samsung doesn't have any 64bit processors so it's impossible for them to have stolen any IP.Apple has an entire team of engineers that actually work out of space in the Samsung fabs. They work hand-in-hand with Samsung engineers when producing processors. It's not like making a couple of changes to a document, saving it and then getting it printed. There's NO WAY Samsung...
$300 billion? You must be talking about Samsung Group, because Samsung Electronics is well below that. Take out consumer electronics and mobile and their components/display division is around $50-60 billion a year. Apples share of that division is a significant amount.And the key point is those billions are going to a competitor, and that Samsung plants will be running at a reduced capacity since there's nobody anywhere near Apples size to pick up the slack.
Apple should easily move 150 million (or more) A8 powered devices by the time the A9 comes out. I wonder, what other OEM is going to order enough processors to fill that void? Does anyone see Samsung Galaxy devices suddenly tripling in sales? Or Motorola/LG/HTC?   The market for high-end mobile processors is only so large, and Apple has 50% of it with the iPhone/iPad. There's nobody to take up that slack, so this is a significant hit to Samsung Semiconductor.