or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Exactly. Apple agreements with carriers have come under fire before for their strict rules. Even to the point of raising antitrust suspicions (ridiculous IMO).
Not to Apple. But to naysayers who imply that without carrier subsidies Apple sales wouldn't be anywhere near the levels they are.
Uh, where did I say 75% were sold directly by Apple? 75% would be those sold by Apple PLUS sales by carriers without subsidies PLUS those sold by carriers who offer a subsidy, but the customer bought outright anyway PLUS those sold by stores that don't deal with carriers (like buying online from Amazon without a plan).I'm sure Apple knows EXACTLY how many iPhones were sold by a carrier with a subsidy and at retail. I'd bet $$$ that those numbers are required reporting from...
 If they aren't selling and need steep discounts (or special offers) to move, then how can you say they are comparable? S6 is only comparable if you look at the hardware specs. As an overall device, it's not even in the same league as an iPhone.
 Why would you not believe that? Cook would know how many were sold in Apple Retail as well as through Apple Online (at full retail price). And many carriers around the world DON'T subsidize phones on plans (which is very common in the US).
YES.Do us all a favor and don't bother engaging in any threads.
And it just keeps coming.   This is how you steamroll over the competition. Offer a superior product with world-class service/support.
I doubt this will have much impact. FCP is pretty well flushed out now (compared to launch) and I think the team of people still working on it are going to be fine maintaining and updating it.   Apple didn't nosedive after Jobs left, so why should FCP (and related software) die because Ubillos leaves? I'm sure this was known well in advance and Apple took steps to ensure a smooth transition for the team (and whoever heads it up in the future).
Meaningless just like Google Fiber. Designed to make Google look good (marketing gimmick). This is no different than a store offering a product below cost (loss leader) to get people in the store. If Google wants to shake up Internet or wireless they need to make it widely available. Limiting it to a small number of users (Nexus 6) or communities (Five) doesn't benefit enough people, nor will it do much to cause existing providers to be more competitive.
 Not accurate. Samsung uses off-the-shelf ARM processor designs like the A53/A57 in the new S6. Apple makes custom processors that run ARMv8 code. They are two completely different types of licenses from ARM. Apple processors are far ahead of anything by ARM (and by extension, Samsung).