or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

With all the toilet flushing going on, I hate to see AI's water bill.   Same old turds that were claiming some time ago that Oracle would NEVER win on appeal. Now they need to regroup and find a way to spin this decision.
 You're an outright liar. The vast majority? You mean the vast majority of the most vocal  people who don't represent the entire community of developers. I code. I think this is a great ruling. And all my fellow developers who I asked about this also think it's a great ruling. So, sorry, not going to believe anymore of your BS. AOSP is dead. Google Play Services is now Android and AOSP is frozen in an older version that's becoming more and more useless by the day. Nobody...
 There are other possibilities. Those 8% could have made a deal with Samsung or other company. Or they could have picked Android because they wanted to actually modify the OS in a way they can't with iOS. For example, some agencies picked Android for secure use - not because it's inherently secure, but because they can lock it down. These devices have virtually everything removed (like the Play Store) and severe restrictions placed on how it can work. So technically they...
At the mall near me they have the Apple Store one floor above and directly across from Victoria's Secret Pink. When Pink opened it was on the same day as an Apple launch (iPad I think). So you had two huge line-ups at the same time, with one line having a large number of tech geeks and the other one mostly made up of "babes". And watching all the guys at Apple looking over at the girls at Pink. Then the Microsoft Store opened and it happens to be directly across from...
 This is something so many people keep missing even though it's staring them right in the face (although DED did write on it briefly before). Apple has made it easy to port 64bit Mac OS X code over to iOS. Algoriddim is one example of a developer that took code from their Mac software and ported it very quickly and easily over to their iOS App, bringing some desktop features to iOS. This is where Apple has a huge advantage. You won't ever get a full version of Photoshop on...
Anandtech reports today that ARM has released Geekbench 3 scores for their A57. It's not looking good. At the same clock speed a single Cyclone core (A7) is still going to be about 25-30% faster. And A57 based SoC's aren't shipping by Qualcomm until the start of 2015, and nobody knows when Samsung will ship theirs. By the time the A8 is out competitors still won't have anything as good a a year+ old A7.
 I'm not sure about here, but I've seen figures bantered around from over $100 million to as high as $600 million. The first case cost Apple somewhere around $60 million. They applied to the court to have Samsung pay a portion of the fees, and had to provide an accurate account of the expenses. I'm quite sure this case cost them significantly less. The first case involved a lot of discovery, and I'm sure that a good portion of the evidence they dug up the first time around...
Yes it is good, which is why it linked it yesterday. The really pathetic part of this article is the writer didn't list ALL the things Samsung has been caught doing, just the main ones.
Vanity Fair has an article that I'm sure Samsung won't be happy with. Smartphone War
Pointless study trying to take numbers and twist them to their advantage. Who I work for has 2,000 employees across Canada. We use Office exclusively. The majority of people accessing documents are doing exactly what this study says - viewing or light editing. So our work numbers would match this study closely. So we should ditch Office, right? Not so fast. In reality we could never replace Office with an inferior solution like Google Docs. While many documents are only...