or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Yes and no. I don't think (haven't tired) that you can play 24 bit music files on your iOS device. However, you can record and play 24bit audio using any USB Audio compatible device. Most music recording/production Apps for iOS support 24bit/96KHz. And you can record/play 2,4,8 or even 16 channels at the same time. So it's probably that the Music App doesn't support playing them - it has nothing to do with whether iOS itself can handle 24bit audio. It most certainly can.
Wasn't interested in a watch before, and still not sure if I would be. I'd have to see it in person when they are finally available.   However, it's clear Apple thought about this more than the other companies out there who did just what Apple said not to - take the phone experience and shrink it down to a watch sized device. It shows Apple still pays attention to details (except for that stupid protruding camera ring on the iPhone 6).
So the A8 is 25% faster. However it's also more efficient than the A7.   What I want to know is where are all the extra transistors? A7 was over 1 billion, A8 is over 2 billion. More cache? Memory? Additional GPU's?
 iPhone 5S Geekbench score of 1305 times 1.25 is 1631 or this "rumored" Geekbench score.
Apple has doubled performance 3 years straight. To only offer a modest 25% increase doesn't make sense. Unless they made huge improvements to battery life and/or the GPU (which is lagging the competition). OR, the A8X is back for tablets with CPU and GPU results.
Some over-the-top ideas:   - The iWatch can measure blood glucose for diabetics WITHOUT requiring a skin prick. This would be absolutely HUGE. - Apple buys Intel. Apple starts selling their A-Series processors to other manufacturers to take on Samsung and Qualcomm. - Apple TV is ready and is 100% a-la-carte (no channels or packages, just watch what you want when you want). - Nintendo finally decides to bring their franchise games over to iOS. Exclusively.
:)   I always said that simply tapping your phone instead of a card offers no real advantages for users. And that lower fees and/or a loyalty program make the most sense as something Apple could offer to make it worthwhile to switch to using your phone for payments.
This is what I said all along. While people are arguing about which methods to transfer data are safer (NFC vs BT vs WiFI vs LTE and claiming NFC is safer due to the short distance) I stated that security lies not in the method of data transfer but not sending personal/confidential data in the first place, and replacing that data with some type of ID or key (token if you like) that is useless to thieves even if they did capture it.
All I care about is the selection of colours. I'll take one if it comes in Blue Steel.
The way I see it is like this:   Say you drive a Ford Focus and it has a 4 Star crash rating. Ford decides to update the Focus and it now receives a 5 Star crash rating. Sure it's a safer car, but that doesn't mean the old Focus was a death trap - it was still pretty safe.   So Apple improves iCloud. It doesn't mean the old iCloud was a sieve that leaked personal data to whoever wanted it.