or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Then they are wimps. If you own a patent and someone is infringing, then you have every right both legally and morally to go after them for royalties. What you don't have a right to do is typical patent troll activities like filing lawsuits without first trying to negotiate in good faith, filing lawsuits without properly identifying which products infringe which patents (and providing a detailed analysis of how they infringe), sending demand letters hoping to get quick...
 From the article: "Rockstar's partners paid $4.5 billion for over 6,000 Nortel patents in 2011, divvying up 2,000 of the most important patents among themselves and leaving Rockstar to work out licensing deals for the remainder." I don't think they're losing any money/value from this deal. They got what they were most interested in and are recovering money from the ones they don't need.
About 2/3 of the iPhone users at work have upgraded (or are going to upgrade) to the 6/6+ with a pretty even split between the two sizes. The other 1/3rd are keeping their 5S (or upgrading to the 5S because they get Touch ID) because they like the size/style of that iPhone.   I think there's enough people out there who still want something smaller, but premium quality to make a 4" iPhone 6 feasible for Apple. I'm sure it would sell better than the 5C did. ;)
Well done.
  Beat me to it. - Here in Canada The World Juniors are on, and they are always held over Christmas with the actual tournament starting on Boxing Day and exhibition games in the days leading up to it.- Where I live it's common for many Chinese restaurants to be open on Christmas Day, and they are packed. Over the years our entire family has gone out for Dim Sum on Christmas Day. People can get sick of turkey over and over.- Movie theatres are packed on Christmas Day and...
Wow did Apple hit it out of the park when they went in with App developers to donate 100% of App and in-App purchases to Red this year.   Since 2006 Apple has raised $70 million. This year they raised a whopping $20 million. That's a HUGE increase in donations from previous years.
 64bit is the new black.
This combined with the appeal of the eBooks case (where 2 of the judges seemed clearly in favor of Apple and even took shots at Amazon) and it's been a Merry Christmas week for Apple.
 Bull. A decade? As soon as a merchant gets stuck with the bill for a fraudulent purchase because they have an old terminal they're going to very quickly decide to get a new terminal. It doesn't matter if the banks take longer to issue chip/PIN cards - merchants will be upgrading hardware immediately to eliminate the risk of liability for fraud. And LoopPay will NOT be as secure as Apple Pay. In fact, any system that claims to work at "millions" of retailers/banks (like...
 Bingo. Pretty bad when I can price out a plan at all three carriers and it comes out to EXACTLY the same price. Every single time. And they want to pretend there's no collusion going on there?