or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

What a stupid comment. Apple is NOT giving anything away for free that belongs to anyone who didn't already AGREE to do so. If you don't want to be on Apple Music and agree with their 90 day trial, then DON'T SIGN THE FRICKIN CONTRACT. Go peddle your asses to Pandora or Spotify.It amazes me that people actually think Apple is doing something WITHOUT the artists/labels approval first. Apple Music is launching in 100+ countries. That alone would have been a Herculean effort...
I had a fight awhile back with my kids school over Gmail and Google Drive. Students were creating accounts (as directed by teachers) to use without even asking parents permission. Last thing I want is my kids to start getting data mined from grade school. Even worse, some kids had their account for years and were using it as their actual personal account and using their real names (or partial real names). Way to get the kids early, Google. After much complaining and...
Except eightzero stated it was uploaded to iTunes Match, which is not the same as simply making a copy. You're paying $25 a year for this privilege.Apple promotes Match as a way to convert ALL your music to legally owned iTunes versions. It's really a way for record labels to collect money from people pirating music, instead of them pirating and paying nothing. They just can't say that's what it really does.Match does absolutely NOTHNG to try and determine the origin of a...
  Yeah, like the radio stations are the ONLY part of Apple Music that you pay for. The streaming is the main product. The radio stations are just bonus extras. Even if they're lousy I'm still signing up for the family plan. It's a bargain compared to Spotify and everyone else.
 This. The court cases and damages are all moot anyway. Everyone knows Samsung copied and other companies are careful what they "borrow" from Apple. They made their point and it's time to move on. You're right about the 90 days from now bit. With so many people still not upgrading to the iPhone 6/6P, the next iPhone is primed to break all records once again for sales. Only ones happy at Samsung will be Samsung Semi if they get to supply processors for phones that will sell...
- 100 countries doesn't make Apple Music better? Tell that to people in those 32+ countries (like China) that don't get Spotify and see if they agree with you.- Did you actually say Spotify is free? Sorry, it's not. Right now each additional member is 50% off the $9.99 premium price. That means 2 people cost the same on Spotify as up to 6 on Apple Music. Apple saves you $5 for members 3 to 6. That's potentially $5-$20 in savings per month over Spotify.- If these UK labels...
 Are you trying to be intentionally obtuse? Or are your reading comprehension skills that bad? From my post: - 100 countries at launch (68 for Spotify, 58 Google and 3 Pandora).- Family pricing much cheaper than Spotify.- More music. Not just in songs, but for artists. Can't listen to Taylor Swift on Spotify. And who knows what artists in the future.Nobody has the pull Apple does with artists.- 24HR live radio stations.
I think you forgot to read my comment.
 Even if a minority sign up, they'll still dwarf Spotify in short order. Apple only needs 2.5% of their user base before they'll match Spotify's 20 million paid subscribers. Then we have an Android App coming out this Fall. Contrary to the whiners online, most Android phone users don't really care for the iOS vs Android war and would consider Apple Music along with Spotify or others when making a choice to start using a streaming service. Then we have market exposure. Have...
 Not here, no. But on tech "neutral" sites it's interesting how this story was reported almost immediately after it was known, while a large number of sites still haven't reported on the Samsung flaw, which is originally posted yesterday. Just more evidence that proves bad news about Apple gets hits.