or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Still waiting for the Watson powered Siri for vertical markets where you can ask a technical question for your related field and get a useful answer.
What about Face Unlock?
 Now THAT would be something. I still want to see the case go through and have Apple win (as they said, "on the merits"). To see some karma go back to the law firm would just be the icing on the cake.
"iOS still has some tablet experience apps lacking Android equivalents,"   Some? It's not even close.
 Google is now in a terrible position. They could change the underlying architecture of Wallet so it uses the same tokenization system that Apple Pay uses. This would give them increased security. However, it would change two other features about Wallet. First it will no longer work with ANY card, but only cards from participating financial institutions. Secondly, and the real biggie for Google, is they would lose their ability to mine user purchase data. And let's face...
Does anyone need anymore proof that Apple Pay offers a significant security benefit to banks/CC companies? They're actually spending their own money encouraging people to use Apple Pay. This despite it costing them 0.15% on every transaction.
 Just one person? What about the entire negotiating team for even a single supplier, which would likely comprise several high-level execs and their legal team. Surely they were made aware of the "information" so they could use it. Where did they think it came from?
While it's good they caught Devine, he's just a small fish. What position would someone need at a supplier where you could authorize millions in kickbacks for information and then give that information to execs to negotiate deals? Those are the ones who really need to go to prison.
"The hairy one's a dude. Oh, and the metal one too. All dudes."
I think this is more useful as a teaching tool and not something to rely on before driving (for example). In many situations (not only drinking) people often assume they are in one state when in reality they are in another. I bet most people would guess wrong about their blood alcohol (they would think it's lower than it is). This could be fun (and educational) at parties by showing people where they actually are. I bet this would be an eye opener for many. Anything to...