or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Yet your instrument cluster (or other dash modules) basically run on 4 wires: 12V, ground, CAN-H and CAN-L (CAN being the network). All the information you see (engine RPM, speed, fuel level, coolant temperature, oil temperature) were sent to your cluster over the CAN network from the engine computer. Or LIN or FlexRay (two other popular networks). This way sensor count is reduced. If the climate control needs the coolant temperature (so it can regulate cabin heat) it gets...
I don't think Apple wants to get into cars. The profit margin is low and you need a network of dealers to provide service. I don't see Apple wanting to get into that mess.   But going up against QNX and offering a complete vehicle system for multimedia and navigation (that also properly interfaces with EXISTING vehicle systems and networks) is something I could see them doing. Automotive manufacturers have crappy infotainment systems with utterly horrible controls/UI....
And so it begins.   Next up is making Apple Maps accessible to anyone (this would be a real thorn in the side of Google, who pretty much owns this market). Then iCloud Drive as an alternative to DropBox. Followed by iMessage in your browser (goodbye Whatsapp and all the others). Maybe even Apple Search to go up against Google/Bing?
I don't use it much, but have a few friends that do.However, the fact Apple partnered with them first for this feature pretty much means they've arrived.
Pretty sure this isn't an API, rather a deal between Pinterest and Apple. Just like how Twitter and Facebook were "integrated" into iOS.Apple has previously cracked down on "App discovery Apps" due to abuse. Not likely they're introducing an API anyone could use.
Guys, it's obvious Apple and Pinterest struck a deal. Pinterest didn't just start using a new feature by Apple to allow direct App installs. That would be a horrible idea and open to rampant abuse. I'm sure Apple is keeping track of which Apps are getting installed and it's not a free-for-all. This is a HUGE win for Pinterest.
 Why are you whining and blaming Apple for your problem? These crooks never jail broke your iPad. To jail break also requires that Find My iPhone be turned off (unless there's a new one out I'm not aware of). As I told you before, the crooks realized your iPad can't be sold for profit so their either threw it away or gave it to someone for parts. NOBODY has said Activation Lock will prevent ALL thefts, nor are they claiming it will erase or recover ALL stolen devices. But...
Not likely very lucrative considering the significant drop in theft rates.No. They probably realized it was useless and dumped it or smashed it out of frustration. And you can't jailbreak a device that had Activation Lock.I find Activation Lock makes it safer. All you need to do is have the seller turn Find My iPhone off for you. If they can't, then stay away.On another note it's intetesting how certain sites are reporting this as "smartphone kill switches" reducing theft....
 Cars kill millions of birds a year. So do cats and buildings (birds hitting windows). The only reason people are freaking out about windmills is that the birds killed all fall to the ground in a small confined area, thereby making it appear far worse than it really is. Solar wastes land? 1300 acres is not that much. It's half the size of our farm, and as I think of all the land around me a large solar farm would be but a spec on the landscape, only visible (and possible...
In before some idiot claims Cook is going to give the government a back door into iPhones.