or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

The thread can be found here if anyone wants to read it in its entirety:   http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/177199/microsoft-reveals-windows-phone-8-1-with-siri-like-cortana-personal-assistant   Here's the posts in the order in which they appeared.   Me: The HUGE difference (which will be a big selling point) is MS has an indemnification policy (something Google lacks, and MS loves to make fun of). GG: I vaguely recall something about Microsoft and indemnification...
 Man, you are so full of crap my monitor stinks. How many times do we have to explain this to you before it finally sinks in?You actually have the nerve to bring up that last discussion? Good. I'm going to quote it to show everyone just how stupid (ignorant) your obvious trolling comments were. You should be fine with that, since you brought it up, right? Just like in a court, once you open a door the prosecution will pursue it to the end. Before I get to that, you should...
 Nice indemnification policy they have there. Paying costs for the lawsuits after the fact instead of taking a license to avoid all this in the first place. My question is, why didn't Google step in when Microsoft went after Android vendors for the stolen IP that Google put in Android? It was just announced that Motorola Solutions (not Mobility) became the 24th Android vendor to settle with Microsoft. Or does Google "pick and choose" which vendors it will indemnify and how...
 Because current Apple devices don't have NFC. That means that only brand-new iPhones could be used, which severely limits the potential number of users. I wouldn't worry about WiFi or any other wireless simply because there's no personal data being transferred. If it was actual credit card data then I wouldn't trust WiFi, BT or even NFC. Here in Vancouver criminals were replacing POS terminals with modified terminals that still worked normally. However they were modified...
 You gave a generic possibility, which isn't good enough. What exactly is the hacker going to exploit simply by looking at some BT data that lacks any personal information or credit card numbers? Let's say they write a custom App to send false data to the merchant to "fool" them that it's an authorized purchase by "cloning" an Apple server response. - How do they "fool" the merchant by creating a matching reference that also arrives from Apple on their own "normal"...
Nothing wireless is truly secure, so why not use the technology with extended range to allow additional features (like knowing you're approaching the cashier)?My point is all current systems operate the same. You provide information to the merchant (and their POS terminal) to authorize the purchase. You can swipe your card, insert a chip card or tap your card. In all cases your credit card information is passed to the merchants terminal which then contacts the necessary...
Using my suggested system there's nothing to hijack since no personal information or credit card information is ever transmitted.
I think they'll use BT. And as I stated some time ago (too lazy to repeat it all or search for it), I think your iPhone will be the POS terminal. No need for your personal information to be transferred to the store at all. Your iPhone will send a reference number (generated by Apple who will process payments directly without needing a middle-man like Moneris) to the store that the store can verify via an internally stored encryption key.There's zero benefits to tapping...
Nintendo shouldn't bother with major hardware devices anymore. All they need to do to make a fortune in gaming is A) bring their franchise titles like Mario and Zelda to iOS and B) make their own controller that you clip your iPhone into. I'm sure Nintendo could make an awesome controller (better than the first-gen Logitech or Moga ones). Make the controller a bundle with a free download of any game they sell and watch the money pour in.
That's what people with poor math skills said about Androids ridiculous double-digit growth in the early years. It's simply not sustainable forever and we now see Android growth has levelled off.Google Already had their "growth spurt" with Google Play. It occurred in 2012-2013 and has also now started to level off and show similar growth to the App Store. Google isn't going to double their sales again this year. Going from 4x to 2.3x to the current 1.85x is also a clear...