or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

Are any government agencies stupid enough to use Google Apps?  Does Google indemnify anyone using their products (like Microsoft does)? Why no, they don't..........Waiting for GG to come in here and lie and make the claim they do, even though he has never been able to provide any sort of link to Google's official policy on this, and instead will link to a couple half-baked (and restrictive) agreements Google made with HTC and Samsung.
KNOX started off with so much promise as it actually looked very good. But it only worked on certain Samsung devices that had the necessary hardware to support it. Then there's all the little "issues" that popped up. As it stands, only a very small percentage of Samsung devices that have KNOX actually have it enabled.   I guess Google lacked the resources to bring Enterprise security to Android, so they made a deal with Samsung to take KNOX and apply it to Android. The...
 Lies. iOS and Android (and WP) are all susceptible to malware, but to claim "All the mobile OS's are just as open" is an outright lie. Which makes you a liar, again. iOS is FIPS certified. Android is not. That right there speaks volumes for the security of both OS's. Android One still doesn't get around the fact that many security updates are at the lowest levels of the operating system, and Android One (or Google Play Services) can't fix those. They still require an...
Your Google credentials/login, your account information for pay services or content purchases (including credit card info), the ID's or passwords for any number of websites you might browse on your TV..........
Fantastic news. I already thought Office 365 Home was worth the $99 a year for 5 users. Now they're giving me 5 TB of data (1 TB per user)? I'm quite speechless, actually.
I didn't know there was anything wrong with the current Touch ID hardware.
 Say what? The article didn't specify flagships, only Android phones in general. And most Android phones sold worldwide are low-end junk. The Galaxy S5 represents a small fraction of the total Android phones sold. Samsung doesn't break down their mobile revenues by phones, tablets, IP licensing (for LTE and other cellular patents) or cellular equipment sales, but if we give them the benefit of the doubt and say ALL their mobile revenues were ONLY from phones, then the...
Wow, what a bunch of seriously clueless idiots in this thread.   Did any of you bother to think that these artists made a CHOICE? Nobody knows the exact terms between the artists and Apple, but the artists that play at these festivals sure seemed to think that what they got in return was well worth their time to perform. And these are not bar bands, wannabees or artists nobody has ever heard of looking for a record deal. These are major artists (like Coldplay, Keith...
 Has nothing to do with whether thieves are "professional" or not. "Fences" are the ones who buy stolen goods from the crooks. When a "dumb" crook steals an iPhone, takes it to their "fence" to sell, and gets told they're worth half as much now due to Activation Lock, then that thief now knows they should move on to something else. This is how petty criminals work in every industry. They don't need to be "tech savvy" - they just need to know what items are in demand, and...
Hilarious to see some of the stupid comments on other forums. Some claiming it has nothing to do with iOS 7 and everything to do with carriers now blocking IMEI numbers. Others say it's smartphone thefts that are down while completely ignoring the fact that devices were broken down by type (which is how they were able to show a reduction in iPhone thefts while also showing an increase in Samsung thefts).   I still remember people saying this would do nothing because most...