or Connect

Posts by EricTheHalfBee

That's like saying Samsung is in the processor business because they fabricate Apple A-Series processors when the real smarts lie with Apple (who designs the processors) rather than Samsung (who just builds following the plans). In this case, Panasonic is Apple.   Compared to what? If you drive one you'd be surprised. It drives nothing like what it looks like and handles far better than you'd expect. If you're comparing it to a BMW sedan then you could say the handling is...
 People used to make fun of American cars saying they can only go fast in a straight line. Now that Tesla has made the electric equivalent of a straight-line car, people are praising it? The rest of the Model S performance is average at best. You can't get around physics. A nearly 5,000lb car is not going to drive as good, handle as good or brake as good as a lighter car. Which is why Tesla ONLY does these stupid straight line 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. No lane change...
 Tesla is partnering with Panasonic. Tesla is a lightweight for battery technology compared to the numerous companies working on batteries. And when batteries make the next leap do you think those companies are going to limit their potential market to a single, niche auto manufacturer? They'll sell to whoever wants them. And with the buying power of companies like GM or Toyota, Tesla won;t stand a chance of procuring enough batteries for their own vehicles. Hence making a...
 What about the BMW i3? The car is made of frickin' carbon fiber reinforced plastic. Not just body panels like so many other cars, but the primary structure. What I hate most about the Model S is you pay a premium luxury price for it and the interior and options are no better than many $30K cars. You're paying a hell of a lot for the electric drivetrain.
Tesla is on borrowed time. There is nothing special or groundbreaking about their cars. the only thing stopping Honda, Toyota or Ford from rolling over Tesla with their own electric cars are batteries. Once the next jump in battery technology occurs (say a 2x increase in capacity and/or a 50% decrease in cost) then EVERYONE will be making electric cars. When this happens there will be nothing to make a Tesla stand out from all the other electric vehicles out there. They...
Apple is OK. They've already invested in making their cores more powerful while everyone else was just ramping the clock and adding more cores. The A7 is still the fastest ARM 64bit core vs clock speed in the world. With a new process Apple can easily add cores and/or increase clock to get a significant performance boost for the A9. Everyone else has to look at making more efficient cores, a much more difficult task than clock/core count.A72 due in 2016. Even if it's early...
Plus Samsung Semiconductor is a different division from Samsung Mobile. Apple gets along with the former, not the latter.
 Only time I need new stickers is when I trade in my Honda Civic for a new one.
 Well, they need that capacity for SOMETHING. And now they're building another (by all accounts the largest) in Mesa. Search is one possibility. Another is streaming content that requires a large amount of storage and bandwidth. Like TV. ;)
 No. Uber could bring a self-driving car to market just as quick as Google. All they have to do is partner with one of the many companies working on this technology, who are just as far along (or farther) than Google is. Oh, wait, they just did. Carnegie Mellon.  There's two things I hate about tech blogs and the media. The attention and credit they give to Google over self-driving cars and the same for Tesla and their electric cars. Neither of these companies has actually...